cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to use US Roaming Talk/Text Data Bundle

Mike8500
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Going to be in the Chicago area next week.

I want to ensure that I will be able to make calls, use data and send text messages while in Chicago next week. I have a Samsung Galaxy S24 and have purchase the US Roaming Talk/Text Bundle Add-on. Will I need to select a specific network when I arrive? I see talk of possibly needing to enable VoLTE on my phone, but I don't see that option when I look at my SIM options. I want to make sure that if need to use VoLTE, that my SIM is enabled to do it. I activated with Public Mobile in October 2022, so my SIM isn't necessarily automatically setup by Public Mobile for VoLTE calling.

Anyways to confirm this?  I tired to submit a ticket but it just gave me an error message.

Thanks,

Mike
Thanks,
Mike

3 REPLIES 3

Mike8500
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the advice.  I will follow those instructions.

-Mike

-Mike

@Mike8500 

Yes, you will be able to use data and text and make calls using VoLTE with a S24

a reminder, when you are in US, make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T or Verizon network . If it does not connect automatically, then change the Network connection to manual and select try  T-Mobile and AT&T manuall.  

If you roaming purchase includes data, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone.  Change network mode to 4G/LTE  

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

S24 is on PM's VoLTE whitelist, so you are good to god.  Just make sure you use the T-Mobile or AT&T or Verizon network, use 4G or LTE and turn on roaming mobile data

Need Help? Let's chat.