cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan

Melvs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I reduce my monthly cost on one of my plans if NO TEXT AND NO DATA MB IS NEEDED

JUST TALK?

Melvs

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Melvs Get some friends to join PM and use your referral codes, best way to lower your bill monthly!!  🙂

HomePhone75Q
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife's $15/month plan is down to $5 with referrals and who knows what else. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Melvs 

Fongo and TextNow both have apps that provide free phone service within most of Canada using Wi-Fi (or your mobile phone's data connection) 

Once you sign up, you'll get a phone number plus added features such as voicemail and call display.

Granted, these services can only be used completely "free" where you are within a Wi-Fi zone.

Also, if you frequently call from home, and you have an assistant like Google or Alexa or Echo, use them for free VoIP calling.   I've used my Google Home to call anywhere in Canada and the US - completely FREE.

And the greatest part, I simply ask it to make the call from the comfort of a chair.   No hands/handset required!!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melvs 

Unless you were mislead into switching to the points program the easiest way to reduce your monthly bill is thru rewards. Autopay $2+$5 (max) loyalty=$7 will reduce the cost of the $15 plan to $8. Spend some time in the community learning and eventually helping and you can easily earn $1 or $2 more per month....even $5 is attainable if you enjoy your time here. Referrals are the long term pay off but if you work at trying to get one everything pm offers a bonus referral credit promotion of $25 ($5×5 months) you get the immediate reduction of the extra $5 credit+$1 in referral rewards every 30 days as you build up your referral list.

It looks like you are about to start getting $2 in loyalty soon +$2 autopay +$1 in community is easy if you stick around this month....that makes the $15 - $5=$10 monthly bill. You can add the $5/500min add on to supplement the 100 outgoing minutes in the plan. Most users on this plan are hard pressed to use an extra 100 minutes but that only adds an extra $1/30 days to your bill (on average). If you use a voip provider like textnow to call your voicemail or calls you expect to be on hold for and get your friends and family to call you  you can certainly manage on the $15 plan.

Ultimately you will need 8 referrals to get it to free ($15 - ($2+$5+$8=)$15=$0) without any other effort put in like helping out in the community but just being here to stay up to date with changes like promotions, plan updates and new features or glitches will help you when you refer people and keep them as referrals.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Melvs 

The way to reduce cost and get free calling and text through wifi by downloadng TextNow app or WhatsApp.

Other than that, you are left with the $15 plan with 100 minutes outgoing Canada wide calling, unlimited incoming Canada wide calling and 250mb of data for those fastfood apps for the discounted food or redeem free food. 😉

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

All plans come with unlimited texting, varying amounts of data and one plan has limited outgoing talk minutes, otherwise all other plans have unlimited talk.

So no way to have just talk. You could configure the phone to not be able to use the data. You could configure it to not do outgoing text.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Melvs No, you can only choose one of the current plan to change to

$15; plan is the one with lowest cost.  It comes with text and 250 Mb data,  there is no option to take them away to reduce the cost

Need Help? Let's chat.