cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan just renewed and got text to switch over to Koodo

LudaKrish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wondering if I switch over to koodo now to retain the price for my 4gb of data, will I get refunded from public mobile. My renew date was only a few days ago but now they state they are charging $10 more for my plan. not very happy

9 REPLIES 9

Issam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is renewing tonigth, this is very frustrating I don't even have time to switch to koodo! Not like I want to switch in the first place much rather keep my current plan at public on my current rate.

jeeva86
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yea I know they should honor til the end of the billing cycle. It’s such a short notice too. My wife got the text today. I still haven’t received the msg. 

Madmox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just had 2 plans renew in the last 2 weeks. I think it's deplorable that they are doing this, not sure if it's illegal though. It's certainly bad business. They should, at least  honour the plan rate until the end of the billing cycle, THEN, give you the $100 credit and switch you to Koodo. 

jpr3

This creates a barrier for those who don't have time to switch so that they will be still on the same plan but with increased price

CoreyC

A lot of people in the same boat here. Does somebody here have skills to start a petition/class-action to address all of us at once? I have three family members on this plan and while I don't really believe in brand loyalty (I wonder why), I'm really not happy about having to go through the hassle of switching over.

Aren't Koodo and PM both Telus? Why can't they just do a batch move to save us all the headache?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There is a one time $100 credit to cover unused portion of the 90 days with this service.  That is it, nothing more.  It is pretty brutal for those of us with funds in the account.  I will be lobbying for transfer or refund of funds in the account.  I will take it up with the CCTS if needed. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@LudaKrish Apparently, Koodo will be providing a $100 credit to offset any unused amounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

h3ccubu5

@LudaKrishwrote:

Wondering if I switch over to koodo now to retain the price for my 4gb of data, will I get refunded from public mobile. My renew date was only a few days ago but now they state they are charging $10 more for my plan. not very happy

Same here, I'm only a week into my 90-days

v3nice

You are not getting refund from PM

Need Help? Let's chat.