cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Renewal Day... no data

LDD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today (January 23) is my plan renewal day. I am (and always have been) set up for auto pay so this usually happens without a hitch. However today, I noticed I have no data. I also see they did not take the payment out of my account. And when I look at my account it says "Plan Expired". I tried restarting my Samsung Galaxy S10 and that didn't help. Any suggestions? 

Edit to add: I am not receiving phone calls either.

7 REPLIES 7

LDD

Thanks everyone. I made a manual payment, restarted my device and everything is working now. 

@kb_mv wrote:

@LDD wrote:

Today (January 23) is my plan renewal day. I am (and always have been) set up for auto pay so this usually happens without a hitch. However today, I noticed I have no data. I also see they did not take the payment out of my account. And when I look at my account it says "Plan Expired". I tried restarting my Samsung Galaxy S10 and that didn't help. Any suggestions? 

@LDD Maybe you are still undergoing the renewal process. If you had run out of data prior to this and the renewal isn't finished, it would explain why there is no data yet. Does everything else still work?

It's possible that the renewal hasn't occurred yet.  However, my experiences have been that the data counter resets well berfore the actual renewal and before the time that funds are withdrawn from the Public Mobile balance for the renewal. I've purposely used up all data before and the counter reset within a few minutes of midnight. There was a delay of about 30 minutes before the data started working again, but that was a few hours before the actual plan renewal.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LDD  Really no excuse for autopay to fail, unless your credit card has been expired. 
Better notify the moderators. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Meanwhile, check out Fongo/TextNow apps for free calling with wifi. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@LDD wrote:

No, I didn't run out of data at the end of the previous cycle. 
No, nothing else works. I had my wife try to call me and it takes her straight to voice mail. 

@LDD Are you showing Public Mobile as the network on your phone? If not go into your account and check if the sim registered to your account matches (last 4 numbers) of the sim in your phone. If not you have been sim jacked, lots of advice on here for what to do vis a vis other accounts. If they match count your blessings. In the first case you will need to open a ticket with the moderators by clicking the chat bubble at the bottom of the page. If the autopay failed try what was suggested by @HALIMACS .

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Does it show this?

HALIMACS_0-1611415865222.png

If it does, and more importantly if you still have ACTIVE SERVICE to talk and text, leave things be and allow the system to complete the renewal process.

Only if you lose all services can you presume auto-pay and/or renewal failed.

If that occurred, make a manual payment from the payment card to bring available balance up to the amount required by the plan, and tap the Reactivate option.

LDD

No, I didn't run out of data at the end of the previous cycle. 
No, nothing else works. I had my wife try to call me and it takes her straight to voice mail. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@LDD wrote:

@LDD Maybe you are still undergoing the renewal process. If you had run out of data prior to this and the renewal isn't finished, it would explain why there is no data yet. Does everything else still work?

Need Help? Let's chat.