cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive Incoming Calls

parksidepeter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot receive any incoming calls. They are going straight to voicemail. Everything else seems to work.

7 REPLIES 7

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@parksidepeter 

Please refer to this link below for more details on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

You can open a ticket for assistance here and type "port request" for Moderator help with porting your number from another provider.

@parksidepeter 

Once you recieve and respond YES to the text you can either wait for your old sim to stop working and/or remove it and insert your pm sim card in your phone. Once you start recieving incoming calling on your pm sim your port is complete and your old account closes. The port can complete in a few minutes but maximum 2 hours.

Welcome to public mobile!

@parksidepeter wrote:

I actually inserted the new SIM card right after the activation was completed and did not get that Porting Text message

Hi @parksidepeter you should keep using your old sim card so you can received text to validate your port

Contact the moderators to help you.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Preferred way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  type “port request" >> Contact moderator >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

While waiting for the moderators reply, read this post.

Good luck

RosieR

@parksidepeter 

If its been less than 90 minutes since you made the request you may still have time to reinsert your old sim card and respond to the text. If not put the old sim in anyways and either contact the moderators or call the telus porting department to reinitiate the porting authorization text. I will send you the phone number in your private messages.

Look for a little number to appear in your envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen.

parksidepeter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I actually inserted the new SIM card right after the activation was completed and did not get that Porting Text message

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@parksidepeter 

Did you just activate and port your phone number in? Did you keep your old sim card in the phone and respond YES to the porting authorization text? It can take up to 2 hours to complete the porting process.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@parksidepeter wrote:

I cannot receive any incoming calls. They are going straight to voicemail. Everything else seems to work.

Hi @parksidepeter here is another post with similar issue

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Calls-going-straight-to-voicemail/...

Good luck

RosieR

REMINDER:  Please do not post any personal information in the forums.  These are public forums and there are quite a number of fraudsters lurking around ready to steal your personal info.

Need Help? Let's chat.