cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change :

Danimal35
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I recently changed my plan from a 3g plan to the 6gb plan for $45.... The change was made a few days before the end of the billing cycle.  I noticed my plan rolled over to the original 3g plan Not the new plan that I requested.  I'm not sure how this happens ,, I got all the confirmation that I had switched to the 6gb plan for $45 ,, and somehow still the old plan renewed ... So if this change could be made and leave the $5 difference in the account for next month.  Thanks in advance. 

20 REPLIES 20

Danimal35

PUBLIC MOBILE IS A SCAM

Danimal35

At least you can admit there's some ups and downs... Some others prefer the sales pitch technique, trying to convince me this is as good as it gets lol... Some people speak badly of this community forum, I actually like it, however, a good community doesn't make a good public mobile service unfortunately.   Since complaining, my speed actually got even slower, slower now then the original 3g. .. I feel like I've been absolutely scammed and that's what is pushing me over the edge to leave.  Public mobile is a scam. They know they are going under so time to milk every last cent. It's disgusting business. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes with all the screwing around the company has been doing all year one could imagine that they do seem intentioned to disable this place and get it off the books. It's harder and harder and more and more of a hassle just to be a paying customer wanting to do things with a self-purported, self-serve, online service. So as more and more people leave it becomes less and less justified to keep it going. Oh well.. there's nobody left, I guess we'll just wrap it up. Whodathunk our actions (adding - and inaction) over the past while would have lead to this outcome. Huh. It's a mystery.

Adding more - if it wasn't obvious, that was imagining the company speaking.

@Danimal35   It does seem that there's been more than the normal number of issues lately, especially since the new self serve account was updated and yes, the response time or getting the glitches resolved seems to be taking longer too, so don't blame you for looking elsewhere if things don't get resolved within a reasonable amount of time.

@Danimal35   Yes, PM is very strong in terms of price for $15 and $25 plan, especially if you factor into rewards.  But once you are in the market for $40 plan and above, it might not be as attractive. 

However, you have $5 monthly loyalty rewards already, so, it could still be cheaper than other plans  

Yes, the support model is different and might not suit everyone.  But keep in mind, all provides will have hiccups (Rogers just made a big one not long ago).  So, there is no perfect one out there for sure.  But porting is easy these days and many plans no longer require lengthy contract (as long as you stay away from leasing the devices), so, pick one and make change until you get an almost perfect one.  🙂

Danimal35

So far the lady just made another ticket and it's been several hours now.. I'm already shopping around ,,  this will be my last month here after almost 5 years, End of an era for sure. Public M just can't keep pace with the other providers out there,,  In a round about way, it's a blessing since it caused me to shop around and realize there are way better deals out there.  From the reviews I've been reading, there are MANY people who feel the same and have left. 

@Danimal35    Have you heard back from CSA's yet? 

I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out for you once they take a look at your account.

Danimal35

I still can't login on a web browser to view the account, just a page of errors , ,correct password, but errors ... I am able to login on a mobile browser however .. the plan has seemingly  (so it says on the account) updated to the 6gb 4G speed  .... however ,, the speed is still identical to the old plan still ...on a Monday morning now.. My plan supposedly updated on the 24th of September.  The upload speed is actually even worse than 3g now... before it held 3mbps now I barely get 1.2mbps ,, I may have to downgrade as funny as that sounds to get the faster upload speed.   I read it's supposed to be  10 mbps up and down on 4G which is why I made the change but so far it hasn't worked out at all. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 

if you call 611 it should tell you the correct info. I would do a speed test and if it goes over 50mb that means you have it. you don't have to wait for the whole test to finish and can close the tab immediately to save on data. 

@Danimal35   So you've tried logging into your account after clearing cache/cookies and used private mode and still see the old plan?  Then, of course, it's best to ask customer support to take a look at the account.

Danimal35

Fair enough ,, If my account didn't legit tell me that the old plan is still in effect, I would wait it out,, but in this situation I'll go ahead and submit the ticket cause I really don't think it got updated. 

@Danimal35 wrote:

It's possible,, but the speed is identical, so I really hope the plan just didn't get updated .. If the 4g speed is actually identical to the 3g then it's useless.  On a side note, I could only login to the account from a mobile web browser, ,Edge on windows wont login at all , just a page full of error messages. This is why I'm messaging in though, to verify if I have been switched over to the 6gb 4G plan. I haven't cheeked the bank withdrawal yet to see if $50 or $45 was withdrawn but it really feels like the plan didn't get updated. 

The way that you can't view your Self Serve account on one devices leads me to believe that there's an increased change that the wrong plan details might be being displayed when you do log in.  Plesae do check the credit card statemet that you were mentioning.  As for your speed, you said that this was a few days ago.  Was it more than 2 days ago?  The speed change takes 48 hours to take effect.

Danimal35

I'll go ahead and submit the ticket ,,  I'm sure the site is having issues ,, but I'm also 99.9% sure the plan isn't updated either.  Thanks still. 

@Danimal35    There's a delay of upto 48 hours for the speed to change from 3G to 4G when changing plans.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Danimal35 

open incognito mode,clear cache,cookie, try Login

if still not see the right, open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it out,

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Danimal35

It's possible,, but the speed is identical, so I really hope the plan just didn't get updated .. If the 4g speed is actually identical to the 3g then it's useless.  On a side note, I could only login to the account from a mobile web browser, ,Edge on windows wont login at all , just a page full of error messages. This is why I'm messaging in though, to verify if I have been switched over to the 6gb 4G plan. I haven't cheeked the bank withdrawal yet to see if $50 or $45 was withdrawn but it really feels like the plan didn't get updated. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Or click the little spinner refresh icons lower down. That might also update the data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Danimal35 the My Account has serious cache issue and maybe what you saw was just a cached version. 

Try to use Incognito mode to access My Account to see if it shows correct info

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 

hi you may be seeing an old cached version of your account try clearing your cache and cookies or try a different browser in private or incognito mode reboot your phone and see if your account clears up 

@Danimal35 wrote:

Hi, I recently changed my plan from a 3g plan to the 6gb plan for $45.... The change was made a few days before the end of the billing cycle.  I noticed my plan rolled over to the original 3g plan Not the new plan that I requested.  I'm not sure how this happens ,, I got all the confirmation that I had switched to the 6gb plan for $45 ,, and somehow still the old plan renewed ... So if this change could be made and leave the $5 difference in the account for next month.  Thanks in advance. 

There is some type of issue that sometimes causes the Self Serve account to show old information.  If you log out, clear your browser cache and cookies, close the browser, and then log back in after restarting the browser, does the updated plan get displayed on the page?

Need Help? Let's chat.