cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change and Bouns

Mindy208
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello, my friend is NOT PM customer but he asks me a question about plan change/bouns change.

He is planning to choose 40/5G data plus 2G bouns unlimited. It has 7G intotal, promotion as below,

Screenshot_20220821_094014.jpg

If he changes to 35/3G per month one day, does he still get 2G data bouns unlimited, in total 5G per month?

Thanks for your answer.

Mindy 

Edited:

From CS_Agent,

Screenshot_20220821_131235_com.android.chrome.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Mindy208

@esjliv Your friend will lose the data bonus if he/she changes the plan after the activation. I recommend the activation straight under the $35  3 Gb plan to ensure the bonus will stay active.

Mindy208

@Meow 

Your friend will lose the data bonus if he/she changes the plan after the activation. I recommend the activation straight under the $35  3 Gb plan to ensure the bonus will stay active.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mindy208edit..actually your screenshot shows $35, but this promo says $25 or over (which is where I was obtaining the terms from). 2GB for 12 months = "12MONTHS2GB"

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/2GBBONUS

As public mobile has it written in the terms of the offer. See RED statement below. But, this could be a YMMV situation, perhaps, if plan changes are going higher in value.

As per...:Terms and conditions 

• For a limited time. Activate on any plan $25 or more and get a free 2GB data bonus for 12 months. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB data bonus will be applied to activations on $25, $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans for 12 months with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  1. Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.
  2. Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messaging, to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included.
  3. Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 900 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-250 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see here. Compatible device required. Data usage is rounded up each session to the nearest 10KB.
  4. Add-Ons are available for use only with an active plan. Long distance Add-Ons require a monthly talk feature on the rate plan.
  5. Talk option required. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.
  6. Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors.
  7. We will use your email address to send you information about promotions, special offers and news about Public Mobile events and services. All communications will be coming from Public Mobile. Our contact information is: Marketing Preferences, 30 Floor, 25 York Street, Toronto ON M5J 2V5. You can withdraw your consent to receive electronic messages from Public Mobile at any time.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As another customer asked very similar question, the best way will be to ask agent and have it in writing that you will keep bonus as long as you are in any $35+ plan.

Technically you should keep bonus if you go form $40 to $35 but I would double check with agent.

And it will be nice if somebody posts agent's reply confirming promo bonus will stay as long as you are in ANY plan $35+ and are able to upgrade/downgrade at will.

Need Help? Let's chat.