cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messaging

Southside
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,  I’m on the $15 plan and I can’t seem to send a picture. My data is ON . When I send it underneath the picture

22 REPLIES 22

@Southside thanks for the update  🙂

@Southside There are a lot of good people here that are happy to help, I am glad you found the answers you needed 

Southside

Hi everyone, I can now send pic messages. The service must have been down for a while. All is good! Thanks for all your help. Learnt a lot from all of your responses. 👍

@Southside  

did you end up trying Reset Network Setting?

1. From the home screen, swipe up to open the menu.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap General management.
  4. Tap Reset.
  5. Tap Reset network settings.
  6. Tap Reset settings.

and on your APN, can you confirm if the MMSC  setting has the correct one and correct spelling ?  Yes, correct spelling matters, many people missed this one and cannot send out mms because of that

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

Hi @Southside , Try using Google Message as your default messaging app if you are not using it yet

And, did you try using your PM sim card in another phone?  I think the issue would be gone when you are using another phone?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Southside 

Go into your settings>>apps>>messages app>>clear your cache.

@Southside  -check to see if your Chat Features setting is turned on. If so, I would recommend you turn it off, as this feature needs wifi or data connection to function properly.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

If you are only having difficulty sending to one person, while in their messages in your texting app, click the 3 dots at the top to see the settings set up for the contact. Under App settings, you will also see Chat Features, which can be enabled/disabled per contact.

Turn it off there too, or have the person you are sending to check their settings on their end.

Southside

My APN Type is:   default,supl,mms

Southside

My apn type is correct. 

@Southside wrote:

Hi there. Just realized my mobile data is not working. What should I do. Any ideas.

Confirm the APN settings are correct, as specified in above posts. Make sure cellular data is ON (and wifi data is OFF, if your phone software attempts to automatically prefer it). Restart the device - a proper shutdown and restart, not just turning off the screen for a few moments.

If this is a new activation or a number port then it might not yet be fully operational - it may require minutes or hours (or even a day or two in rare instances) to complete. Nothing you can do in this situation other than restart your phone every now and then to see if it's working yet.

Virgin is owned by Bell, which has a network sharing agreement with Telus (which owns Public Mobile). Your phone will almost certainly be connecting with the same network sites and network hardware on Public Mobile as it did on Virgin.

@Southside wrote:

Can this be a problem on there end

Your local network sites might have problems, wherever you are. It could be a temporary or a permanent situation. The best way to test is to borrow a phone with working MMS for a few minutes, install your PM SIM card and try sending/receiving MMS. If it works then you know your issue has to be something in your phone software.

Calls, texts, data, and MMS attachments are working fine for me. Apparently working fine for everybody else, judging by the lack of recent complaints about it on this forum.

Southside

Hi there. Just realized my mobile data is not working. What should I do. Any ideas.

Southside

Can this be a problem on there end

Southside

I did that and still not sending. I never had this issue with virgin mobile.

Texting apps with extended features - like iMessage, RCS, Signal, etc - will often assume they are the default MMS handler. If you have one of these installed on your phone (especially on an iPhone) then you might need to change an app setting so that it uses standard SMS/MMS protocols.

Standard MMS works across cellular data, not across wifi data. So cellular data needs to be ON, the app needs permission to use it, and Public Mobile's APN settings must be correct. (You'll need to restart the device once after changing any of these settings, of course.)

On some Android devices you need to explicitly specify "APN Type=default,mms" instead of just "APN Type=default". I don't know why, but it works.

MMS specifications actually support all sorts of file attachments. But the vast majority of phones with MMS software will only handle image formats. And I suspect the network SMSC machinery will reject anything other than these common image formats. You may have to check settings for your camera app, confirm that it's using standard .jpg and not some sort of weird .tiff or .jpeg2000 or whatnot, and confirm that it's not sending photos at maximum 20MP resolutions with file sizes measuring in gigabytes. I don't know the network limits, but there's really no reason you should ever need to send/receive photos larger than a few megabytes across MMS.

@Southside 

Since you can  receive MMS, this does not look like  an APN issue.

It could be because of the file size, try to send a smaller one.  This could also be a device  setting regarding the max. file size for MMS, could have set too high

Southside

My apn is not set

Southside

I can receive pics but I can’t send them.

@Southside try a network reset (but this will reset your other saved wifi connection as well, you just need to rejoin the wifi)

Southside

Im using samsung

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this Android or iOS? If Android then look at your APN settings under APN Type and make sure the letters - mms - are there. If not then add at the end of what you have - ,mms - note the comma.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Southside does your mobile internet work?

what kind of phone do you have?   can you send us your APN settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.