cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone too old for public mobile app

very_eh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all!

I just set my mom up with public mobile and her sim card will arrive in two days. It says that we need to use the app to authenticate it when it arrives but her phone is too old to download the public mobile app from the play store.

How can we circumvent this issue? Can I activate it from the public mobile app on my phone or her iPad while she inserts the sim card into her phone? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@very_eh wrote:

Hi all!

I just set my mom up with public mobile and her sim card will arrive in two days. It says that we need to use the app to authenticate it when it arrives but her phone is too old to download the public mobile app from the play store.

How can we circumvent this issue? Can I activate it from the public mobile app on my phone or her iPad while she inserts the sim card into her phone? Thank you.

@very_eh, I use the app on my iPad which I can quickly & easily manage my account daily without needing to sign onto the website but she can certainly use the other suggestions to finish signing up. 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Just a side note, maybe it's time to update your moms phone. Here is something affordable and easy to use and can use the PM app. It's really worth having this app on the phone so she can see the info on her account at any time.

https://www.costco.ca/motorola-g-play-32-gb-unlocked-smartphone-2023%2c-navy-blue.product.4000113022...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@very_eh  Yes download app on your phone activate her account . And she can use the website to manage it from there . And you can delete app afterwards 

very_eh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great! Thank you so much for your quick reply!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@very_eh 

yes, you can help her to activate using your phone

But if you have been using PM app yourself, please uninstall it first. Then delete the browser cache for your default browser on your phone , then reinstall and login as her to activate

once activated, your mom no longer need the app.  She can manage her account using browser only

(and for you, after done activation, you might want to do the uninstall, clear browser cache and reinstall before you access your own account to avoid cache problem)

Need Help? Let's chat.