cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone tells ppl my phone is not in service

Tatiana01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was with Telus prepaid previous to public mobile. So I ported my number when activating my new service and I can’t get any income txts or phone calls. Ppl attempting to call me get a recording saying my number is not in service but I can make out bound calls. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tatiana01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much and I ported the number last Friday. So I will attempt the suggestions you recommend. Fingers crossed it works 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai I thought it was only koodo prepaid that had issues.

I am pretty sure Telus Prepaid as well. 

found the thread https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/porting-telus-prepaid-and-chatr-to-PM/m-p...

but back to the orriginal question, since incoming calls go to" this number is not in service" to me implies stuck port and inactive telus account.  unless port was successful and did not complete have seen this sistuation as well before.

@mimmo wrote:

I am pretty sure Telus Prepaid as well. 

mimmo

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Tatiana01 How long ago did you port your number to Public Mobile?

Is your Telus sim still active? If yes, looks like something went wrong with the porting process. Depending on this, you can either try again from your self-serve account or you can contact the moderator to complete the port. 

EDIT: Since you are coming from Telus PREPAID, did you use the same email address on Public Mobile? If yes, this is a known issue, and you will ilkely need to contact the Moderator_Team.

mimmo

Sounds like stuck port. Problem is you will probably need to activate your Telus line again to do the port.  Ports can only be done on active lines.

Need Help? Let's chat.