cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service isn't working

Sweetdfergie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I've haven't had phone service in a couple days I recently topped up my account and my sim card is not registering

6 REPLIES 6

@Sweetdfergie wrote:

I just got this phone I'm unfamiliar with a couple months ago but last month was working I'm unsure i i jt topped my account and changed the plan still no service is available my account said suspended a few days ago even I've been with public for less than a month

@Sweetdfergie - did check if your device is now listed as blacklisted, as @computergeek541 already suggested to do?  Even though the phone worked at first, if this is a 'new to you' phone and not a brand new purchase, it wouldn't hur to check, as phones can be blacklisted at any point if someone has access and means/reason to do it.

Here is a link you can check:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

But you are saying your account status in My Account is saying 'Suspended' now, is that right?

If it is Suspended status, you will need to make a manual payment to reactivate services if you past your renewal date.

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If still issues, submit a ticket with CSA via one of the methods @hTideGnow provided above.

Sweetdfergie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got this phone I'm unfamiliar with a couple months ago but last month was working I'm unsure i i jt topped my account and changed the plan still no service is available my account said suspended a few days ago even I've been with public for less than a month

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Is your account Active?

Do you use 'new' phone or second hand? Maybe previous owner blackisted it whatever reason.

Can you try your SIM in another phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sweetdfergie are you new to Public mobile or existing customer just have problem?

It can be sim or device problem.  First try to reseat the sim card with a reboot

And Do you have another phone to test the sim on another device?

If still with problem, open ticket with PM CS agent and they can check or reprovision your sim card:

open a ticket with PM CS Agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Sweetdfergie wrote:

Hi I've haven't had phone service in a couple days I recently topped up my account and my sim card is not registering

Go to devicecheck.ca to check the status of your IMEI.  Also, did the service only stop working when you were expecting the plan to renew?

Need Help? Let's chat.