cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan

Hombretigre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I was checking my account today and it said that I still owed $35 for my plan. I had $25 already in it so it should have only been $10. I would appreciate your help solving this issue 

17 REPLIES 17

@Hombretigre 

Ohhhh...good one. I see where your confusion was coming from as you renewed last night but you probably looked at it as it was in progress which can scare the daylights out of people when they see "expired" and reactivate here.....try to ignore all this when going thru renewal. The rule of thumb is as long as you have service 99.9999% of the time you will be just fine.

On the rare occasion that autopay fails ( usually it charges your card at 2am eastern but can be later) if you suspect that is the case and you don't see your 30 day plan ($10) and data amount (3GB/$25) debited from your balance and/or an automatic top up charged to your account by 5:30 am eastern you may want to attempt a manual top up to pay for your plan before suspension occurs at 6am.

A few tips to save some money on your account. If you only occasionally need a little more data to make it thru your 30 day cycle the add on data is a good choice. Unlike other providers add ons (except US 10 day roaming add ons) at PM are one time purchases that do not expire. They roll over each 30 days until fully consumed.

So it is much better value to pay a little more upfront for the $15/1gb=1024mb rather than purchasing the $5/200mb × 5=$25/1000mb as it will just sit in your account til needed and save you $10.

If you find you are consistently needing 200mb or more each month then consider scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $40/5gb plan. Only $5 more for 2gb of plan data especially if you are buying 200mb at $5 each.

If you like to save a little cash by topping up your account here or there when you have a little extra $$ in your pocket and you are in western Canada consider joining the LDXtras loyalty program at London Drugs. Its the only loyalty program that allows you to both earn and redeem on pm payment vouchers.

You can purchase one minimum $10 voucher per day to earn one "visit". Every 10 visits earn you one $5 coupon. The $5 coupon can then be redeemed on your next $10 pm voucher which earns you another "visit". Plus you get a free $5 coupon on your birthday, extended returns etc.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hombretigre : Yes. Next renewal. The $35 line is always just your plan cost. The other line is plan cost minus available funds. Rewards can vary so if you click the Rewards button you'll see the estimate for the next renewal. But they can have changed before your renewal.

Hombretigre

Is that for next months payment? If so then I've been worrying for nothing haha. I just started paying for my own phone plan recently so this was all new to me. Thank you for your help ')

MillsOK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes. i do to save

@Hombretigre   you have service now, right?  Look like everything is good form your transaction history.     It might show you amount owing is $25 but the Payment Due Date is Oct 7, right?  If so, everything is good.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And what is the issue?? It looks like you did NOT need to do the $10 top up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hombretigre : Right. You have a $10 balance. Your plan is $35. Therefore you would owe $25 before rewards to renew next time.
In the transaction list you see Automatic Top-up. That's the autopay. Then you have Credit Visa Debit Top-up. That's a manual payment. Your next Automatic Top-up will be $21 due to your rewards as they are currently.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have auto-pay in place?

Hombretigre

Screenshot_20210907-125739~2.png

Screenshot_20210907-130915~2.png

@Hombretigre 

What does your rewards page say?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hombretigre : A picture tells a 1000 words (edit: and answers 1000 questions). Can you post a screenshot of your overview page and maybe even your Transaction history. Blank out personal info of course.

b @Hombretigre 

Is your plan suspended? Or is your renewal upcoming?

Hombretigre

I added $10. After that it still said I owed $25 so not sure what do do from here

@Hombretigre 

If you go to your rewards page in your self serve account it will give you the estimated amount due for your plan renewal as it takes into account your available funds and your rewards (which may change if say a friend referral has a suspended account on your renewal you won't get the $1 reward.) It will appear something like this....

• Plan amount............$35
  • Available funds........$25
  • Rewards...................$ 2
  • Autopay...................($2)
  • Loyalty.....................($0)
  • Community..............($0)
  • Referrals..................($0)
  • Total........................$27
  • Estimated $$ Due...$8

@Hombretigre 

In the overview page:

(left upper corner)

• Available Funds: $11.00
  • Payment Due Before: Sep 16, 2021
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $25.00
  • Amount Owing:

The payment for next cycle just shows your month's regular plan fee.  It does not take into account any available funds or rewards.  

If your have available funds of $25, you owe only $10 next payment cycle (minus any rewards like autopay, etc.)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Hombretigre wrote:

Hello, 

I was checking my account today and it said that I still owed $35 for my plan. I had $25 already in it so it should have only been $10. I would appreciate your help solving this issue 

Close the browser and try lo log in again in incognito mode. Some times it could help refresh the page properly when the website is glitchy.

EDIT: If your service is indeed suspended, making a payment of $10 or more should reactivate it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hombretigre 

You probably need to add $10. Is your service suspended?

Need Help? Let's chat.