cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number was not ported correctly

gilglezsofia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can make calls but I can't receive them. I didn't receive the authorization sms when switching from Shaw to Public mobile, and it's been over a week so it's well past the 90 minute window to authorize. My Shaw account has already been closed

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gilglezsofia  -

If your Shaw account is closed and the port over to Public Mobile did not complete I am not sure how the Telus porting number will help you complete the port in this situation.

If you want that Shaw number you will need to reactivate with Shaw, since you can only port over here when your Shaw account is ACTIVE.

Check with Public Mobile customer support agents to confirm the port did not complete. And if not, you could obtain a temporary number to at least gain access to all services with Public Mobile. Then deal with porting the Shaw number over after.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@gilglezsofia wrote:

Sounds good please send me the number.
The port request was made on March 24. The Shaw account was closed on March 25th

@gilglezsofia   was the account closed by you or was it closed automatically?

If you have not received the text authorization  from Shaw and you went ahead and close the account yourself, it could be the reason.   For the porting, user will receive the authorization  text , replied Yes, porting will complete and the old account will be closed automatically , no need to manually close the account

gilglezsofia

Yes I called them earlier and they said they can't do anything if the account is closed.
I can still make phone calls and text from the ported number. I just can't receive any calls

gilglezsofia

Sounds good please send me the number.
The port request was made on March 24. The Shaw account was closed on March 25th

You could try to reach out to Shaw Customer service to explain the situation and get them to resend that text so you can complete the porting, although it will be more difficult if the account is no longer active. They should be able to direct you.

What does your device say your phone number is? When you call someone what number pops up on their call display? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gilglezsofia  you didn't receive the Authorization SMS from Shaw?  That would be the reason.

I understand your said the Shaw account has already been closed, but was it closed before you submit porting request?

Let's confirm if porting was successfully done earlier.   I will private message you a phone number and you can call them tomorrow morning.  That is a live support line and you can ask them to confirm if porting was completed successfully

@gilglezsofia wrote:

I can make calls but I can't receive them. I didn't receive the authorization sms when switching from Shaw to Public mobile, and it's been over a week so it's well past the 90 minute window to authorize. My Shaw account has already been closed

Did you close the Shaw account/reqeuest it to be closed?  You'll need to contact them to get that service working again as a number that has been cancelled can't be ported out to another carrier.

gilglezsofia

Yes I have the old sim card

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Do you still have the old sim card from Shaw? 

Need Help? Let's chat.