cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfering problem

Alix2011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved my phone plan from Virgin to the public mobile. Yet, my phone number is not transferred. What should I do?  

4 REPLIES 4

@Alix2011 wrote:

I didn't receive that

@Alix2011  you may also submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to restart the porting process; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When you requested porting, did you leave OLD SIM in your phone? You should receive porting request and reply Yes within 90 minutes. Both accounts (old and new) have to be active!

If you did not receive porting request you should contact agent so they can re-initiate request.

Alix2011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't receive that

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alix2011   for porting, a critical step is to get a text from your old provider (Virgin in your case) and you need to reply YES within 90 mins, you have done that ?  If you didn't , the porting request will be stuck. 

But no worry, three is a number you can call and talk to live support.  They can re-trigger the process

I will message you the number.  check the Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.