cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer

Gavv15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I was activating my account my phone number didn’t transfer even though I selected transfer number and it said it was completed. What do I do or how do I fix it?

16 REPLIES 16

HI @joanmaloney001  did you call the porting team?  I will message you the number.  Call them and they can get it fixed really quickly.  check your Community inbox

philmac

Give it some time to process being its sunday

joanmaloney001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm dealing with the same issue with my mom, we ported it said it was good except now she can only receive phone calls from people on the telus network.  I'm trying to help her remotely and they need all this verification **bleep** to even look at it and were not asking for anything other than to fix the port.   PM is a cheap provider with ZERO support basically... the last time I  had this issue with one of my own lines it took WEEKS to resolve and much hair pulling.   Were not asking for anything other than to check to see if the port was completed properly, we gave them all the information necessary at sign up, and they should be able to check to see this without verifying one **bleep** thing.   If we were asking to cancel services then I can see them asking everything, or a number, etc, but to see if a port is completed properly this is absurd, but expected.  I wish someone from PM would see this, look at my mothers account and fix the porting issue. Thanks. 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In your community inbox

Gavv15

Ok we did send a message to the private chat in the link that was sent. 

@Gavv15   A better option would be to private message PM customer support via the link @Handy1  gave.  They should be able to sort it out.  Usually they respond within an  hour or two but it could take longer.  I don't think a Koodo store would be able to help.

Gavv15

Yes, we just tried again it is “ having technical difficulties” and to try again later. Can we go into a Koodo store and have them figure it out ?

@Gavv15   So you called the same phone number that @Handy1  sent to your community inbox?

Gavv15

I had my girlfriend out in a request for me to get the number. Which I called but I couldn’t go further in her account for privacy reasons. I called the number and couldn’t get past the main menu since it asks for my phone number and the number isn’t associated with an account. 

@Gavv15   The porting team number @Handy1 sent should be in your community inbox here, either at the envelope top right or click/tap your avatar for a drop down with messages.

The porting team number is the only number to call and we aren't to post the number in this community hence the private message.  So which customer service were you calling before?

@Gavv15  I think @fixin  means your community in box or you can use this link to the community in box 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

@Gavv15 Try old provider SIM card in the phone it should still work if the port hasn’t completed . If that’s no an option maybe you can use a friends phone to call the number . And finally if that’s not a option you can use this direct link to send customer support private message 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gavv15

Do you mean email inbox? 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you have your old sim still with you, call the number that'll be in your inbox.

Gavv15

I thought so but it doesn’t seem to have worked. The porting team would be great. I tried calling the customer service number so I can’t get past the main menu with my current phone number as it is not set up. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gavv15  Did you leave old  providers SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to transfer number ? No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.