cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer Steps?

Anton___mzd5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Coming back to Public from Koodo after 6 years absence.

I assume I will start a new account with a random number first.

How do I transfer my 20yo phone number from Koodo to Public in a few months, when my contract ends?

I've done it ages ago going from Telus to Public, and Public to Koodo(that was automatically done at the shop)

Please send me a link to the proper post with the steps.

Thank you in advance!

PS: wish i could get all my previous achievements back hahaha.

4 REPLIES 4

@Anton___mzd5 wrote:

I'm planning to take advantage of $23/6GB plan option right now, to make sure that it doesn't go up in October. (Unless, someone knows that there will be a better option available soon). 

So I'll be using a random number on my second phone for now( no need to check the reception, as it is the same network as Koodo)

Question is, will i have an option to change the number in October? Or should i wait until a week before my contract runs out??

Numbers can be ported/transferred to another carrier wheneven you wish.  However, porting out immediately cancels the service at the originating cell phone carrier.

Anton___mzd5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm planning to take advantage of $23/6GB plan option right now, to make sure that it doesn't go up in October. (Unless, someone knows that there will be a better option available soon). 

So I'll be using a random number on my second phone for now( no need to check the reception, as it is the same network as Koodo)

Question is, will i have an option to change the number in October? Or should i wait until a week before my contract runs out??

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anton___mzd5 wrote:

Coming back to Public from Koodo after 6 years absence.

I assume I will start a new account with a random number first.

How do I transfer my 20yo phone number from Koodo to Public in a few months, when my contract ends?

I've done it ages ago going from Telus to Public, and Public to Koodo(that was automatically done at the shop)

Please send me a link to the proper post with the steps.

Thank you in advance!

PS: wish i could get all my previous achievements back hahaha.

Hi @Anton___mzd5!

Here are the general steps to activate your account: 

Andy85_0-1724113017928.png

For more detailed information, this article might help you out throughout the  transfer process: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

I hope this is the information that you were looking for! Have a great evening!

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes, you can first get a new number

If you currently have Koodo Postpaid, after the new PM account all set, you can then request porting from My Account.  you can do so via My Account using the browser.  Go to Profile page, click Transfer phone number and enter the Koodo account number.  Then Koodo will send you a text for your permission to port, just reply yes.  

If you crrently have a Koodo Prepaid account, then you will have to ask PM to help to port instead of via My Account. 

Hope this helps

Need Help? Let's chat.