cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed automatically

lorastein
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I registered with PM I had kepty phone number from the previous provider. This was a few years ago. All of a sudden I have a new phone number and I never changed anything. People can't call me at my original number anymore. How can this happen?

6 REPLIES 6

lorastein

Thank you. I have been in touch with support. Seems like a porting issue that we should be able to resolve.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lorastein 

If you didn't initiate a number change recently, then it sounds like your number may have been re-assigned to another Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile (PM) user by mistake, which has happened in the past. This is a screw up on PM's side of things, and there's nothing you could have done to prevent this situation from happening in the first place.

For whatever reason, the Telus/Koodo/PM computer system mistakenly thought your cell phone number was not assigned to any account, even when it was assigned to your account. Unassigned numbers are available to other Telus/Koodo/PM users, so your number was most likely re-assigned to (or chosen by) another customer.

You will need to contact customer support and explain your situation to get your original phone number back. Since you did not willingly change/relinquish your phone number, PM is obligated to return your cell phone number to you and assign a different number to the other customer. However, it may take PM a few business days to investigate and return your phone number, so you will need to be patient in the meantime. 

Please follow the instructions provided by Yummy to contact customer support. If you have never contacted customer support in the past, here's an abbreviated version of what to do. I would strongly recommend asking a senior CS_Agent to handle your issue, since getting your phone number back is a time-sensitive matter.

lorastein

It shows a different number , not the one it used to show.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lorastein login to My Account first using Incognito mode, goto profile page, what phone number it i showing there??

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very unlikely ----  Reboot phone ---> in settings check your number  to verify it's same as always or changed.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you had your number with PM for years, it is highly unlikely it changed out of blue.

If this really happened contact agent ASAP to clarify what has happened.

To Contact CSA-agent there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Agent’s response is usually between 15 and 120 minutes with a ticket. Private messaging might take longer.

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

Need Help? Let's chat.