evrich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought the $20 US roaming pkg and the talk keeps not working. Not happy 

25 REPLIES 25

evrich

👍👍

Indeed, @evrich 

It's strange, however, sometimes rebooting a device (or toggling airplane mode on/off or resetting network connections), allows the device to refresh the connection to the network in ways which provide services wherein none existed before.

Don't really know why - but glad it worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@evrich 

glad to hear that,, and all working okay.

evrich

That’s what I did and voila. Calls are coming thto

evrich

Turned phone off and on. Talk started working. Hope it stays on🤞

Anonymous
Not applicable

This replying to the OP

Edit: I dunno. Oracles...help yourself. OP, sorry to clutter your thread and send you all those useless notifications. I was just observing something different and so wanted to explore it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is clicking in the box below and click whir buzz I'm in this reply box and click Reply lower down

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the reply button of this most recent post from darlicious.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

I had not even noticed that difference....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I use All Posts. When someone clicks on the Reply button of a post, the reply indicator will show and the subject line will include RE:. When someone clicks on the bottom main Reply button, the subject line does not include RE: and of course no indicator.

Just observations.

Edit: mmm...nope. hmmm. Why do a couple replies from darlicious not have the RE:?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

I needed an intro...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : ...IOW... 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@evrich 

If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature they will cancel each other out and cause calls to drop.

Spoiler

Here is some info about US roaming add ons that should help you.....

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@evrich 

From a Home screen, tap Settings Settings icon.
If an app isn't available on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library.
Tap Cellular .
Tap 'Cellular Network' or 'Network Selection'.
Tap the Automatic switch to turn off Switch off icon.
Once available networks appear, tap the desired carrier

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

evrich

Apple xr 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@evrich wrote:

I’ll try. How do you do that

@evrich 

which device you have!

evrich

Okay thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@evrich : Is it possible you bought more than one add-on that had talk in it? Click on Plan Details and see how many lines mention talk. Multiples does not work. You'll need to get a CSA to fix that.

Contact a Customer Support Agent

Customer Support Agents hours of operation 

Everything about everything here 

evrich

I’ll try. How do you do that

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@evrich 

That's strange, and likely points to an issue that the US carrier is having in that area. I'd suggest you send a private message to CS_Agent to report this issue to them and see if they can do anything to resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@evrich 

Try manually selecting either of  AT&T or T-Mobile, whichever works best for you,

evrich

Yes even earlier today 

0PX9O4

@evrich 

Did the talk/voice feature ever work before since you bought the roaming add-on?

evrich

Yes

0PX9O4

@evrich 

Do you have coverage? Are you able to use data or text messages?

Need Help? Let's chat.