cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

rennis997
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a sim card from public mobile and put it in my phone and threw away my telus sim card.  Now i have no service because i cannot transfer the phone number.  I tried to just create a new phone number but that isn't working either.

9 REPLIES 9

@rennis997 

Well don't try live chat with telus because that was an exercise in frustration....call in to telus and ask them how you can verbally authorize the port. You can then call the telus porting department or ask the moderators to resubmit the porting request. Just ask for the porting department phone number when your ready....you will need your telus account number handy when you call.

@BKNS27 wrote:

Seems like people always throw away their old SIM card and put in the new PM SIM assuming it will work right away.🤔

Everyone has "BAD MEMORY" with old carrier.. need to get rid of it ASAP..🤣

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rennis997 

Seems like people always throw away their old SIM card and put in the new PM SIM assuming it will work right away.🤔

Anyway, it sounds like you started the process with a new number. 
Try powering off the phone and reinserting the SIM and power up the phone.

Since your old number is Telus, the PM moderator might be able to help you port your old number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rennis997  sound like you have already activated and requested porting but because you no longer have the Telus SIM, you can't do the porting.

I wonder if you can call the Porting Support team and ask them to either

1. STOP the porting

2. or do you a favour to just port the line without the SMS.   (but this is slim chance)

Let me send you a message in the Community  inbox for the phone number to call.  Check the envelop icon  🙂

Did you leave the old SIM card in your phone to receive confirmation text (SMS) from your previous carrier that you are porting over to PM? You should receive such SMS within 90 minutes.

Once you confirmed porting (answered Yes), you can power off your phone and install the activated PM SIM.

If you skipped this step (did not reply Yes or missed 90 minutes window), you need to open a Ticket using SIMon chat button and explain your issue.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rennis997  Are you able to make outgoing call and use cellular data? If your account was activated those services should work even though your transfer has failed. 
Was you credit card charged yet?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@rennis997 

Did you attempt to port it in your telus number at activation? How long ago did you activate your pm sim card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rennis997 : Did you go through the whole activation process? With you coming from Telus, I'm sure the moderators could help you with the transfer without the original SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.