cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Kev227
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up at 9 a.m this morning was told 2 hours to get my number ported , its now almost 14 hours later and my cell still doesn't work

22 REPLIES 22

woodymaguire

Exactly the same thing for me with porting from Koodo. Same with my girlfriend and my brother. I think maybe we need to just hold tight... I have contacted a moderator with my account info just in case.  @Moderator_Team

Edmbrad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here. I am create a PM account and import my number from Koodo last Friday night, the PM account is display as Active and phone number changed right away, then I can not make a call or send text message.

I get a email form Koodo that confirm services has been cancelled this morning, now I lost all of connections, only email works with WIFI.

I was send a private message to the moderator_team yesterday, but no response.

lucy12

My line is still not working

@lucy12 wrote:

I have the same problem I transfer my number to Telus to public mobile I signed up at 3 p.m. this morning was told 2 hours to get my number ported , its now almost 21 hours later and my cell still doesn't work

Did you try to close your phone and open it again? If yes same thing as above...write a message to the moderator..Smiley Frustrated

lucy12

I have the same problem I transfer my number to Telus to public mobile I signed up at 3 p.m. this morning was told 2 hours to get my number ported , its now almost 21 hours later and my cell still doesn't work

@Cgibbons wrote:

Can someone tag an admin for me!? Hooked up a few hours ago from Bell. Bell has stopped working and my new sim won’t work. Help. 

You need to write a message to the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened..waiting time is few hours to 2 days...

@Kev227, multiple posts in this thread have suggested you send a private message to the moderator_team, as they are the only ones who can address account-related issues.

Use the envelope icon in the upper right corner of this webpage, to send a message to Moderator_Team if you haven't already done so.

Cgibbons

Can someone tag an admin for me!? Hooked up a few hours ago from Bell. Bell has stopped working and my new sim won’t work. Help. 

Kev227

Actually the service person at the store for me a new number while it was being poured the phone got one text message sending me my pin and it worked one time at the store than never again, neither numb works now and it's a new phone not even a month. It's ok just sit an wait I guess lol, can't call anyone to ask questions

@Kev227 wrote:

I understand that, but you would think you could talk directly to someone at least to get your phone working, I can't even use any self service because I can't get texts or calls my phone is a door stop right now. 

You don't have access to your account because you activate at a store. If you did it yourself, you would have the email and password to log in. Additionally, you ported your old number while activating, and so you have no service at all. If you decided to pick a new number first and then port in later from your account, you would have service on a new number. I know these type of information is not easy to find, but many have gone through what you are facing now. Just be patient and mods will get back to you asap. In the mean time, you can use VoIP calling such as Fongo app to make and receive calls. 

Kev227

I understand that, but you would think you could talk directly to someone at least to get your phone working, I can't even use any self service because I can't get texts or calls my phone is a door stop right now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kev227 wrote:

I can't activate the self serve option because I can't receive the text confirmation when I try and register lol .

Is this why is cheaper because you can't talk directly to anyone to figure out what's wrong lol

That's partly why. It costs a lot of money to have operators standing by 24/7 waiting to take calls from customers.

Don't have operators = lower rates for customers. That's what we come here for.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kev227 wrote:

Nope nothing works 😞 ...

Kinda frustrating lol. An use my phone alot for work, was told this was a good deal and great service so I thought I would try it... Not so good so far 😞 

@Kev227 

That's awful 😞

If you've already messaged the mods, hang tight. Hopefully you'll hear something soon, but only message them one time, or it will delay their response time.

Kev227

I can't activate the self serve option because I can't receive the text confirmation when I try and register lol .

Is this why is cheaper because you can't talk directly to anyone to figure out what's wrong lol

Kev227

Nope nothing works 😞 ...

Kinda frustrating lol. An use my phone alot for work, was told this was a good deal and great service so I thought I would try it... Not so good so far 😞 

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kev227 

Hi. If you put your SIM card into another unlocked phone as a test, do you have any service then?

@Kev227 wrote:

I ported from Telus, my cell phone. was told no more than 2 hrs . My old sim doesn't work any more and now either did this one

Porting from Telus should be instant. To me, it looks something is gone wrong with porting. Give it another try to port in your number from your self-serve account followed by clicking on the Change number option. If that does not work or you don't have access to your account, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will get in touch likely tomorrow morning. 

@Kev227 You probably have an incomplete port, you will need to contact a moderator. You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kev227

I can't call, text, anything my phone is useless since I tried changing over this morning. It's a cell phone not landline.

My account says it is active but nothing is working.

The person at the kiosk set it up an they talked to someone and said all was fine, but obviously not

Kev227

I ported from Telus, my cell phone. was told no more than 2 hrs . My old sim doesn't work any more and now either did this one

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kev227 wrote:

I signed up at 9 a.m this morning was told 2 hours to get my number ported , its now almost 14 hours later and my cell still doesn't work

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account status active?

If yes, is your old number showing on your phone?

If yes, can you call out or send a text message?

Is your old SIM card still working?

If yes, continue to use until your old SIM card is not working.  Then, it is time to use your new PM SIM card.

Are you porting a landline number?

If yes, it will take upto 1 week to port a landline number.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Kev227  Where did you port from? While it can take upto 48 hours, it could also be an error in the system when porting in. Check if your old sim is still working fine. 

Need Help? Let's chat.