cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Sim Card ?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just curious change Sim advantage, why people change sim card ?

9 REPLIES 9

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wonder_why wrote:

Figure it out, removed my Google account from the smartphone, I able to erase all the contact and can not sync back Cat Happy

@Wonder_why,

It seems like you figure a lot of things out by yourself. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Wonder_why, we don't store contacts in SIM cards anymore.  Those contacts that you erased off the phone are from your Google account.  They never reside in your SIM card even if the Google account is not removed from the phone.  The contact list is stored as app data in the contact app.  

Whenever some kind of connectivity concern is raised in this forum, we used to see a lot of recommendations to consider the SIM card as a suspect.  I don't think they ever are the concern.  It is this thinking that leads to swapping SIM cards like they are going out of style.

@Wonder_why, once you go to self serve and code change SIM and out in the new sim number your old sim becomes inactive and not useable again

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wonder_why

Figure it out, removed my Google account from the smartphone, I able to erase all the contact and can not sync back Cat Happy

Wonder_why

Can I erase all my contact on the Sim card and give to someone, the question, I have 2 smartphone with 2 different number and provider , have same contact info on the phone, what if I erase PM Sim Card, will affect my other phone contact ?

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lost/stolen phone would be one reason. Er, two reasons. 🙂

Wonder_why

What if I change new Sim Card with my current phone number and give to someone, will my old contact information will be continue on the new Sim Card ?

Wonder_why

I check PM account have the option to change Sim Card, since PM Sim card are triple punch 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Wonder_why, I don't know if people are changing sim cards for the fun of it most people change SIM cards when they get a new phone and the size doesn't work that they have

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.