cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working in the US

Rustytraps
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan says 50gb data within Canada and US. Why do I not have any connectivity in the US?

6 REPLIES 6

Rustytraps

Thanks so much for your help. I found the settings and it solved the problem.

Head over to “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone.

In the settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Cellular” to proceed.

Next, choose the “Network Selection” option located below the Personal Hotspot setting as shown in the screenshot below.

Here, you’ll see that network selection is set to Automatic. Tap once on the toggle to change it to manual.

You’ll need to wait for a few seconds for all the available networks to show up. Now, simply select your carrier or partnered network provider for international roaming and you’re good to go.

@Rustytraps wrote:

Thank you for the help. I am not sure how to make this change. Can you explain what I need to do? ios 17.4.1

It's in Mobile Service, Network Selection.  Disabled Automatic and choose the network.

Rustytraps

Thank you for the help. I am not sure how to make this change. Can you explain what I need to do? ios 17.4.1

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

tell us what phone you have 

and remember to turn on Roaming data , them try to connect T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon.  Better to change network to 4G or LTE 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Rustytraps wrote:

My plan says 50gb data within Canada and US. Why do I not have any connectivity in the US?

Public Mobile roams in the United States on AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.  Select the network manually in the phone's settings to force the connection to see if one them works.

Need Help? Let's chat.