Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working for incoming calls

taoliu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased a new SIM card at London Drug last night

Reqeuested a phone number trasnsfer

They said the transfer would take a couple of hours.

Outgoing calls display my number on the recipeients

Peopele calling me say Client not available.

14 REPLIES 14

@taoliu wrote:

How to track where my phone number is. I stopped payment to Chatr on Aug 15 and on Chatr it showed my account expired. No reply from private message and incoming calls are not working. 

I am going to assume that your Chatr plan says expired because the next billing period hasn't been paid for.  I think that if the account was closed because Chatr released the number to Public Mobile, you just wouldn't be able to log into your Chatr account any more.

Assuning that, and when it comes to talk about your port being incomplete, I could be incorrect, but I do not believe that is the case.  I believe that your porting request has outright failed.  Only active phone numbers can be transfered to Public Mobile.  I strongly suspect that you will have to pay Chatr for another month to reactivate the Chatr service and plan.  Only then should you try to port your number to Public Mobile.

Out of curiosity, which date did you make the porting request on?   If you made in on August 15,  that's unfortunate because of number portability guidelines.  I am uncertain if Chatr allows port out of phone numbers that have expired plans attached to them (almost certain that they don't).  I know for sure that Public Mobile won't.

If you made the request when the Chatr plan was still active, the best you could probably hope for would be for Public Mobile to possibly change the expiry date of your Public Mobile plan.  You're still likely going to need to pay Chatr to reactivate your Chatr service.

As for when you are ready to have your number transfer request re-attempted be sure to first call Chatr customer service to ask for your account number.

@taoliu

Understand your frustration.  

It looks like that you have an incomplete port.  Possibly due to inactive Chatr account. You can wait for the moderators to get back to your private message (usually 1-2 days response time).  Or you can contact Chatr to ask them to active your account for a few days until the port can be completed.   Unfortunately, Public mobile does not have contact number or live chat so it is impossible to get real time intereaction with moderators.  

taoliu

The request was done by staff of London Drugs on August 15.

As my account showed expired in Chatr, what should I do? The Chatr phone worked on Aug 14. 

I can call out. Can’t send and receive text excep receiving some text from PM.

I did phone number transferring before between several providers with no issues. It’s just so hard to get soonebody to check the status and tell me what I need to do. 

@taoliu

When did you port your line from Chatr to Public Mobile?   Are you able to call out?  Send and receive texts?  You need an active line from Chatr when you port over.  Usully recommend keeping your old active until your port is complete.  

Moderators will take 1-2 days to respond.  Avoid sending multiple messages to moderator since this slows the process down significantly.  

taoliu

How to track where my phone number is. I stopped payment to Chatr on Aug 15 and on Chatr it showed my account expired. No reply from private message and incoming calls are not working. 

rahmedkanak

@chatmaurice wrote:

same here!? 'been waiting for 4 hours and cannot even make a call or receive one. I called my former wireless provider and they said the transfer was accepted the end. Now it's PM to get their **bleep** together and activate my account.

This is my first time with PM and as of now, if I could get reimbursed I would ask for it (...). I mean this is my main phone that's not working. Unacceptable. I know it's economy wireless provider, but that never happened with Chatr.

I don't know what to do, other than wait... but God knows until when...

Frank

Hi, sorry for your trouble. I had the same problem during the porting couple of months ago from freedom mobile. It took 2 days to complete the port.

But after that I'm very happy for the service I'm getting.

I hope your experience will be the same as me.

chatmaurice

I know it's impossible, but if I could get someone from PM over the phone I would close my account and get another wireless provider that doesn't take forever to reply to my questions and activate an account.

chatmaurice

same here!? 'been waiting for 4 hours and cannot even make a call or receive one. I called my former wireless provider and they said the transfer was accepted the end. Now it's PM to get their **bleep** together and activate my account.

This is my first time with PM and as of now, if I could get reimbursed I would ask for it (...). I mean this is my main phone that's not working. Unacceptable. I know it's economy wireless provider, but that never happened with Chatr.

I don't know what to do, other than wait... but God knows until when...

Frank

rahmedkanak

If the old SIM is not working may be your port is complete. Can you please check it by hard resetting your public mobile phone.

taoliu

No, old one is not working anymore. Am I going to lose my number?

rahmedkanak

Usually the wait time for response is around 48 hours.

By this time use your old carrier SIM because I think it is still working. 

taoliu

I sent a private message 9 hours ago and haven't received a reply.

@taoliu wrote:

Purchased a new SIM card at London Drug last night

Reqeuested a phone number trasnsfer

They said the transfer would take a couple of hours.

Outgoing calls display my number on the recipeients

Peopele calling me say Client not available.

They were right in saying a couple/few hours if the number is from another wireless carrier.  Landlines and voip carriers take considerably longer.

Customer/client not available is usually only the type of message that someone would hear when calling you if you don't have voicemail.  Did you plan from your old carrier have voicemail?  Since all Public Mobile calling plans include voicemail, I strongly suspect that your calls are still going to old carrier.  For now, re-insert your old carrier's sim cards and see if your phone calls are still being routed to there.

As stated earlier, your porting request likely failed and/or otherwise rejected by number's originating carrier.  If you don't already have this information available, make sure you have your old carrier's account number before you contact the moderators because they'll need that should it become necessary to resubmit another number transfer request.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like something went wrong with the porting of your number.  You will need to send a private message to the Moderator team for them to look into it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.