cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not receiving calls/texts

Tricia5589
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transfered my phone number when I switched plans from Bell to public mobile and now I cannot receive phone calls or text messages. I can't login to public mobile virtual chat because I can't receive verification texts. I've tried calling telus and still nothing. I'm beyond frustrated.  If someone could get back to me and let me know how yo resolve this issue, that would be great. Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tricia5589 

So did you reply to the text from Bell confirming you are porting over to PM to complete the porting with the Bell SIM in your phone?

This is a critical step in completing porting your number to PM.

If you didn’t reply or missed the 90 minute window to reply then private message a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

If you did reply then reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Tricia5589 Sounds like your port got stuck. Did you leave in your bell sim and reply YES to their SMS to authorize the port? You had 90 minutes to do so. I'll message you a number to call that deals with porting problems. We can't post it here. Check your messages in a minute.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tricia5589 how long since you ported over?  It can take a few hrs to a day.  Did you acknowledge the text message from Bell to allow the port when you started the port?  Did you see if the Bell SIM still works?

Need Help? Let's chat.