cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keep ringing

Mavi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No longer goes to VM when phone is off/busy!!! Same thing happens on my wife phone.

18 REPLIES 18

Mavi

@slusagm I have tried different phone still same issue. 

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if yours physical sim, try it on another phone. This just to rule out not problem with phone settings itself 

Mavi

@slusagm I spoke to tech team today. I had argue with them she said It should complete the ringing cycle before going to VM even though my phone is not reachable or switched off.

slusagm

I think you did get my point, reply them and tell them it didn't work, not normal and you tried different numbers 

Mavi

@slusagm I think you didn't read my original full topic. I have already done all steps you mentioned to me. Tech support reached to me today after ticket open and said it is normal. That's how it supposed to work on new network which doesn't sound right to me. Thanks for your effort!

slusagm

something now right. Your number was correct, and so do mine

I would ask PM to reset it on their end.  Just open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen       

or message them using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mavi

@slusagm It has +16475804001 in voicemail. When I am trying to update it with the one you gave, its giving an error " your voicemail number can't be changed

I don't know if this is the issue  but worth a try.

You can type the visual voicemail from the settings drop down menu to explore. 

Swipe down from top of phone to settings,

Top right corner radio or  🛞 button (lol)

Click it 

Settings menu opens with 🔍 click and type what you are looking for.

slusagm

go to dialpad, click 3 dots on top right, clicl settings , then Voicemail and Voicemail number, is there a number there??  try update to +17785804001

Mavi

I am using android s24 ultra. I can't find visual voicemail setting.

@Mavi  do you have visual voicemail on? If so, turn it off in your phone settings and see if this will help.

Mavi

I just tried that. No help.

slusagm

Tr Reset all conditional call forwards and let it go back to voicemail as default by dialing  ##004#

Mavi

No longer goes straight to VM when phone is off or not reachable. It goes to VM after completing the ringing cycle. Same thing happens on my wife phone. I spoke with PM tech team. They issue the ticket and said this is new thing on 4 g network ( that's how it supposedto work). I just need to check, does your phone does same thing if its not reachable?

Mavi

I did, it's been set up.

slusagm

reboot your phone once.  Then on the dial pad, dial ##004# and Send

try try Voicemail again

if that does not work, you will need to ask PM to refresh your VM

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mavi

When I long press1, it takes me to my voicemail. Which means VM is set up.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mavi have you tried long pressing the "1" from the phone keypad to see if it connects to your voicemail? You may need to redo the voicemail setup. Below is the link to voicemail faqs:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voicemail-faqs

Need Help? Let's chat.