cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't ring

Lory666888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone doesn't ring when people call me. It goes directly to voice mail. I didn't set up phone transfer. How to fix this issue. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lory666888, thanks for confirming, hopefully this might help others having the same issue.

Lory666888

I tried switching airplane mode off and on and it worked! Thank you for our solution.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Lory666888   If an iPhone make sure the button on the left above the volume buttons hasn't accidentally been switched to "silent".  Make sure that do not disturb isn't on or airplane mode. Do outgoing calls and text messages both in and out work?  

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lory666888, TELUS has been experiencing some outages for the last few days so it could be related to this as well. Here's the outage map:https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

If this is what's causing your issue It seems a temporary fix is to change your Voice & Data (iPhone)/Network mode (Android) to use 3G, or you can try toggling airplane mode off and on or try shutting down your phone and power back on

Lory666888

Yes, it happened since yesterday. First I thought it could be phone's problem, but I didn't set up phone transfer. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lory666888 , did this happen recently?  It could be related to the ongoing dropped calls issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.