cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone does not ring

shanon2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community.  I am new to Public Mobile and my phone is set up  I can phone out, text, etc. except the phone does not ring and goes right to voice mail.

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @shanon2 

You may wish to check your privacy settings on your phone as well. I have 2 iPhones and both were set to ignore unknown callers. Once I turned that off and rebooted, I started getting all the calls I was missing and that were going straight to voicemail. Let us know if that helps. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@shanon2 

It sounds like you missed the most important step in porting your old number over to PM.

You have to leave your old SIM in your phone and wait for the text confirming you are porting over to PM with YES within the 90 minute window or your porting will be in limbo.

Your old SIM will continue to work so contact a CS_Agent by private messaging to restart the porting process for you at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Staff hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST so they will pm you back in the morning.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shanon2 

did you just join PM and requested porting your number into PM ? 

If you are porting your number, did you reply a text to your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins?  If you miss that, the porting was not completed and hence you are not receiving incoming calls.  There is a number you can call to talk to live support and re-trigger the process.  I will message you the number, please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

if you are not new to PM, incoming calls and text were working fine before and just not working now, try to :

• reboot your phone once.  
  • reseat your sim card (Power down the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up)
  • change your Preferred Network Type or Network Mode on your phone to 3G Only (or WCDMA)
  • Try to click Reset all networks and see if it helps (please note it will also delete your saved Wifi connections, but you can easily add them back later)
  • if you have another phone, put your sim card in that other phone and test
  • use your phone in another area, it could be a local network issue
Need Help? Let's chat.