cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer

Ben79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Successfully transferred my old number, but I still have people saying that the interim number shows up when I text them or whatever. How do I remove the number that was given to me during my activation?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@Ben79 wrote:

How do I do that??

@Ben79   Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android: Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ben79 - how do you know the port was successful or completed? Are you receiving incoming calls with the ported number to your public mobile SIM card? If so, then that is a good sign the porting completed.

If iphone, do you need to deregister the old number, then add the new one to your phone? 

@Ben79 

are you using iPhone?  try this:

1. Go to Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  3. Once the iPhone is open.
  4. Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage.

Ben79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I do that??

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ben79  Try resetting network setting see if that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.