cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone & Bands - Will This Work in Nova Scotia with PM ?

JimgB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Found the phone I've wanted, but, it's an "international" type phone out of China.

They sent these bands/frequencies that their phone works on.

Will this work with PM in Nova Scotia ?

Frequency:

2G GSM(3/8)

3G WCDMA(BAND1/5/8)

4G FDD(BAND1/B3/B5/B7/B8)

4G TDD(B38/B39/B40/B41)

Thank you for any help.

Supposedly they don't work in the USA, only certain spots, but Canada is supposed to be ok.

7 REPLIES 7

@JimgB wrote:

It's the only model i can find in the bar style with a touchscreen top  8(

These days, you're going to be hard pressed to fnd much that isn't full touchscreen.  Please remember that Public Mobiel is very restrictive about the devices that it allows to use VoLTE.  I would not even consider any device that does work with VoLTE to use at Public Mobile.  For the most part, this means devices that are sold by carriers in Canada or at least sold as unlocked and were intended for sale in the Canadian market at other retailers (other than cell phone carrier stores).

JimgB

Hi. Thanks.

I was afraid it wouldnt work...

It's the only model i can find in the bar style with a touchscreen top  8(

@JimgB wrote:

Hi.  So, VoLTE not a good thing?  

Many thanks

---ps--- this is a Qin F21 Pro phone. It's a thin Bar phone with a 2.8 or 3.5" Touchscreen with a push-button number pad below.

Having VoLTE capability is a good thing.  The phoen that you were looking at won't be able to use the function.  That's not a phone that should be purchased to use at Public Mobile.  Please select a different phone device model.

JimgB

Hi.  So, VoLTE not a good thing?

Many thanks

---ps--- this is a Qin F21 Pro phone. It's a thin Bar phone with a 2.8 or 3.5" Touchscreen with a push-button number pad below.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JimgB 

Enter the make and model of your phones.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

You need 2 frequencies for have good network connections.

@JimgB wrote:

Will this work with PM in Nova Scotia ?

Frequency:

2G GSM(3/8)

3G WCDMA(BAND1/5/8)

4G FDD(BAND1/B3/B5/B7/B8)

4G TDD(B38/B39/B40/B41)

This phone might work in some places that you go, but I strongly advise against purchasing this phone.   The lack of band 2 on HSPA means that you will almost certainly not get any voice/phone call service in many places.  Also, this phone is going to work on VoLTE at Public Mobile.  On the LTE network, band 2 and  band 4 are important.  In short, this is a bad choice to try to use at Public Mobile.

JimgB

Forgot to say, I want 4G to work.

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.