cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Still Not Working

globalgirl13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Other than outgoing calls, nothing else works: no incoming, outgoing texts; no data.  It's been 27 hours since I started the process of switching my phone from Telus to Public Mobile.  I have restarted the phone and reinserted the SIM.  I contacted Public Mobile yesterday and have opened a ticket with them.  I have not heard anything. Any help in this matter would be great.

18 REPLIES 18

@globalgirl13 wrote:

I have done most of the steps except  ...

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

I'll try these now.  But will reseting network settings cause me to lose my address book/messages?  Sorry, ludite here.

@globalgirl13 

If you do a Factory Reset, yes you would lose information (without a backup). So don't do this. 🙂

To Reset your Network Settings...
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Depending on the phone you have, you may need to reset your APN settings.

What is your phone model?

@globalgirl13 

If Telus told you that your account was closed then your number has been ported over to PM.

You maybe stuck in the porting process if you didn’t confirm with YES to the SMS text that you are porting over to PM on your phone with the Telus SIM in the phone. (within the 90 minute window)

You will need to contact the PM CS Agent to restart the porting process and wait for a message from the Agent on envelope icon on this Community site.

Meanwhile, try rebooting your phone by powering off the phone then wait a few minutes and power back on the phone.

reboot the phone once more and see

if not working, try to put the SIM in another phone.

if it sitll not work.. then you will have to contact CS Agent.. 

globalgirl13

I have done most of the steps except  ...

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

I'll try these now.  But will reseting network settings cause me to lose my address book/messages?  Sorry, ludite here.

globalgirl13

Oh my GOD, I totally read that wrong.  It's been a long exhausting day.  What I meant to say, is that I can log on to PM.  The Telus account is closed.  They told me they ported the number.

@globalgirl13 wrote:

I can logon and make calls, but that's it.  

And thank you so much for helping me.  I really wanted this up and running before Thursday!

if you can logon to Telus and use your Telus Sim to make calls, your porting is NOT completed.

Once the porting is completed, your Telus account will be closed and you won't be able to logon your Telus account or make calls

@globalgirl13 wrote:

Oops, my apology agin.  The phone number that you send to me through a private message is still there ... it wasn't deleted.  I was looking in the community responses for it.  But again, the Telus operator at the end said she couldn't help me, and that PM doesn't have anyone live to speak with, that I should try the Facebook page.  I think I'd just like to start over!

@globalgirl13 

Unless Telus closed the account before the port was complete, I do not why the Porting people couldn't assist?

Did you try any of these trouble shooting tips?

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If still issues contact Customer Support by submitting a ticket.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

Type "porting issue"

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

globalgirl13

I can logon and make calls, but that's it.  

And thank you so much for helping me.  I really wanted this up and running before Thursday!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@globalgirl13 

how Telus has closed the account without porting your number to public mobile they are responsible for this issue and you have to contact back and ask for manager

or Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

@globalgirl13   I will send you the number again.  they might say that are Telus porting, team, which is normal.  Telus owns PM and the same team handle all the porting issue. 

No, the porting is not complete.  Making outgoing calls but not incoming is NORMAL when the porting is not completed.  

btw, the best check if porting is completed is to see if you can logon to your Telus account and if your Telus SIM is working.. can you make calls with your Telus SIM

globalgirl13

Oops, my apology agin.  The phone number that you send to me through a private message is still there ... it wasn't deleted.  I was looking in the community responses for it.  But again, the Telus operator at the end said she couldn't help me, and that PM doesn't have anyone live to speak with, that I should try the Facebook page.  I think I'd just like to start over!

globalgirl13

Sorry for the confusion.  No, the message with the PM phone number that was sent to me was deleted.  I no longer see it in this thread.   But when I called, it was a Telus operator, and she couldn't help me anyways.

I believe the number has been ported as I can make outgoing calls, but I cannot receive calls, texts (or send them) or access data.

Telus has closed the account.

@globalgirl13 

Deleted?? what was the reason?

So, your account on Telus was closed?  Once number is ported, the account will be closed.  So, if your Telus account still accessible, then the porting is not done.  

if account is closed, then the number should have been ported... UNLESS, you have gone to Telus and cancel the account BEFORE the porting request.. any chance you did that?

globalgirl13

Sadly the Telus people on the other end of the phone just put me on hold then told me they couldn't help me.  And now I see that the phone number has been deleted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@globalgirl13 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@globalgirl13   still call the number and confirm what was the hold up.  Usually after the YES reply, the  porting will complete within 2 hours.   

Check your Community inbox for the number, call them and see what they say

globalgirl13

Yes, I waited to reply YES, then changed the SIM card 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@globalgirl13   you are porting you number from Telus.  Did you get a text from Telus and did you reply YES within 90 minutes?  this is a very important part of porting.

If you missed the text or didn't reply within 90 mins, there is a number you can call PM to re-trigger the SMS.   I will message you. Please check your Community inbox on the top , envelope icon.

(When they re-trigger the text, make sure you have your Telus SIM in a phone and ready to reply )

Need Help? Let's chat.