cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number

Peg2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I inadvertantly changed my phone number online last night and I want to have my phone number back can anyone HELP ME please

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Peg2  I saw you picked a solution already, but there is a chance that is no tyour solution  🙂

Was the number you lost originally from Public Mobile or ported in from Koodo or Telus?  If so, maybe you have a chance.  Try to open a ticket with PM Support and see if they can do anything. 

Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Too late now and changing phone number is multiple step action, so if you did not want to actually change, then I don't get what/why you were doing it... And, I've seen this multiple times in the past.. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Peg2 

Further to @Dunkman advice, here's how to try if your old number was either TELUS or Koodo or a Public Mobile assigned number:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Peg2 

Which company did you get the original number from?  If you change numbers, the old number goes back to original mobile company.  

If the original number was from Public mobile, you may be able to get the number back by contacting customer service agent (CSA).  If the number was originally from another company, you are likely out of luck.  

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Peg2 

no option to getting back.

Need Help? Let's chat.