cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Never Ported - Missed my brothers final phone call before passing

vanessa_q
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please let this serve as a reminder of why the Public Mobiles Service platform could be detrimental. 

I registered for a plan on March 14th, at a Mobile Shop. They could not process the order as Public Mobile's site was down. Even they do not have a 'business code' to get to customer service. Thus the very kind Agent at Mobile Shop provided me with a free Sim and apologized, stating that I could register online at my own leisure. 

On March 15th, I registered. Requested a phone number porting. Got the usual text from my previous provider to text YES if the phone porting was conducted by myself and a link to verify my identity, which I did. 

That week I received contact via other messaging services online that people could not call or text me. I opened a ticket with Public Mobile to inquire. Received numerous 'Could Not Submit' messages, FINALLY, it went through. Received no response to the ticket. With no resolution, I could not be inaccessible. I called my previous Phone Provider and they stated that Public MObile retracted the phone number port prior to them receiving my approval to complete the port. Thus with no port being completed, I returned to their services to ensure I would be accessible.

I have been attempting to get a refund for the month I paid for with no services rendered. 

To further complicate the issue, it became apparent that anyone under the 'Telus' umbrella - which is part of Public Mobile- cannot contact me. Which my brother who passed May 5th, 2022 was.  Someone needs to step up to the plate here. 

Please, I have attempted so many times. My current phone provider has tried everything in their power. 

4 REPLIES 4

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Keep us updated, sorry you had to deal with this during a difficult time 

vanessa_q
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I have done both of those things. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I am very sorry for your loss @vanessa_q .

It does sound like a failed port. If you have not received any responses from past tickets within 48 hours open another one and explain your situation.

Two ways to contact CSA below. If you have difficult with SIMon bot, you can also use method # 2 below to send a private message to customer support.

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support agents=CSA) by clicking here:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR
2- Private message CSA here (slower method) by clicking here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.