cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom call made to an out-of-province number?

BobS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2018-12-11_8-47-45.jpg

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?  I noticed a call made to Saskatchewan that I did not make.  I read in another thread that this was a call made to voicemail. If so, why SK?  I've always resided in AB.  I'm not really worried about this since I have unlimited Canada talk, but it does concern me to some degree.

Any ideas anyone?  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mcs11 wrote:

This is so cool -- I didn't know you could do this!

@mcs11 learn something new every day!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@BobS as @RobertQc said, with Canada-wide calling, it doesn't matter which VM access number you use.  However, if you'd prefer to use one in AB, you can modify your voicemail settings on your phone, and pick one you like better from this list:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

This is so cool -- I didn't know you could do this!

I would imagine the number assigned is for load sharing, as I've seen last 4 digits from 4001 to 4004.

I wonder if your SK voicemail destination is a local calling number from your Alberta location?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BobS as @RobertQc said, with Canada-wide calling, it doesn't matter which VM access number you use.  However, if you'd prefer to use one in AB, you can modify your voicemail settings on your phone, and pick one you like better from this list:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@BobS wrote:

2018-12-11_8-47-45.jpg

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?  I noticed a call made to Saskatchewan that I did not make.  I read in another thread that this was a call made to voicemail. If so, why SK?  I've always resided in AB.  I'm not really worried about this since I have unlimited Canada talk, but it does concern me to some degree.

Any ideas anyone?  Thanks in advance.

@BobS Don't let it concern you. There are different area codes / phone numbers for Telus (PM) voicemail so everyone can dial it locally. Just ignore it.

This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance.  There are never any extra charges ever.

Depending on what phone you have, there are different methods to change the outgoing voicemail dialed number. If you look into your phone model you can get to the voicemail outgoing number settings (Usually in dialer settings) and change it to a local one, if you care. (Like holding 1 to go to voicemail will dial a pre-set number that you can change)

Need Help? Let's chat.