cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent AMEX issues - CS, No help at all.

retrophiliac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! Maybe someone can help me.

My previous American Express card on my account worked no problem, but recently I had to get a replacement card and i've been using it just fine on every website and in physical stores as well.

I have been back and forth last night and all of today with the CS team and here's what we've done:

-I've given the information to them and they originally said the card was blacklisted

-Then I was told my card wasn't blacklisted and to contact AMEX to troubleshoot

-I contacted AMEX, they said they've seen no attempts with my card and that it's on Public mobile's end

-Public mobile is telling me credit cards have to be 16 digits, and amex cards are always fifteen  - even the screen said amex cards are 15 digits when i attempted to update my payment

-I've read to have all the details on here and on the amex account the same for address and name, they are.

-I get just an error that tells me "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later."

-I also had someone tell me through the public mobile support tickets that they saw no issues with my card on their end and yet... I am having issues. 

-I've tried both Safari and Chrome on my laptop. Still not working.

-I've tried safari on my phone. Still not working. 

I honestly want to just be able to update my card. This is more frustrating than it needs to be.

20 REPLIES 20

@retrophiliac wrote:

So in terms of my address, it's the information on my public mobile account not my support account. nothing to do with my profile name.

I also did do the 4 digit code on the front, not the 3 digit one on the back - which i was told to try but didn't work anyways....

There actually is no address checked for credit card payment. The only part of your address that is asked for is the postal code as inputted in the payment section.  The rest anywhere in your account is entirely unrelated to credit card payments.

retrophiliac

So in terms of my address, it's the information on my public mobile account not my support account. nothing to do with my profile name.

I also did do the 4 digit code on the front, not the 3 digit one on the back - which i was told to try but didn't work anyways....

@retrophiliac wrote:

-I've read to have all the details on here and on the amex account the same for address and name, they are.

The information that you've been reading is either incorrect or outdated  The name on your Public Mobile acocunt does not need to match, nor does the address.  Public Mobile no longer verifies  the name nor address (other than postal code) for credit cards/debit cards.

Even when Public Mobile did still veirfy name and addresses associated with credit cards, the paymnent names and addresses were seperate from the Public Mobile account profile names and adddresses.  Unfortuantely, some members spread this misformation and others simplied copied the misinformatoin and took it as true when it wasn't. While the name and address in the payment section did need to match that of that belong to the card, some members were inocrrectly saying that the Public Mobile profile name and address needed to match (there was zero truth to this).  

On a side note, the address will now often not match becaue of the lack of a proper city field that doesn't accept manual input/typing in of city name.

When it comes to your Amex card, I do wonder about the card verification code.  I've done this before (on a website other than Public Mobile) where I mistakenly entered the 3 digits on the back of an Amex card.  This is not the CVV code on for Amex.  When it comes to Amex, Public Mobile incorrectly says "The 3 or 4 digits on the back of your card".  The CVV for Amex isn't on the back. It's on the front of the card.   It's a longshot as I'm sure that you were already aware of that, but I'm wondering if the code on the back was used by mistake causing Public Mobile to auatomatically declare the card as invalid and not even submit the payment request to your card issuer.

@retrophiliac 

re-send new one.

retrophiliac

I have asked multiple times... 

@retrophiliac 

contact to support team by send a private message CS_Agent to reset, not other way to can be add.

retrophiliac

I did incognito mode on chrome and it still didn't work. I cleared the cache. 

@retrophiliac 

In the Safari app on your Mac, choose File > New Private Window,

How to Private Mode in Safari - MacBook Air, - YouTube

How to clear cache on Mac in Safari

retrophiliac

I'm on a Macbook Air.

@retrophiliac 

which computer you use now ? i did at my account remove my cc and log out and close all page and clear cache and cookies and use one page for inPrivate mode from computer and i add it American Express card.

retrophiliac

I might just have to use a different credit card honestly, i don't want to lose out on the 2.00 auto renew. just sucks because this card gives me 2% cashback.... 

@retrophiliac 

and if you need ASAP to make payment you can go to Shell Stations to purchase vouchers and add to your account by call 611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #,

Official list of retailers location sell vouchers:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

until the system complete updated soon,

retrophiliac

They said they're going to pass this off to the financial team to work on tomorrow. I don't know what's going on but you'd think a company that is telus would have better infrastructure. This shouldn't be so frustrating. My plan renews on the 29th so i'm running out of time 😞 

HI @retrophiliac   For some reason , PM system is very pick with credit card, or buggy

Ask them to confirm there is no fraud lock on the account.  Too many attempts could trigger that

and push them to just add it for you (see if they can.. lol)

retrophiliac

Just tried incognito and clearing cookies and cache. Still same error. 

retrophiliac

It's an Amex Preferred Credit Card. Just tried incognito and clearing cookies and cache. Still same error. 

HI @retrophiliac  and that is an actual  Amex credit card and not Amex prepaid , right?

you tried Incognito mode?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@retrophiliac 

tried use browser from computer, and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

retrophiliac

I've done this, they've had all my information and they are not doing it for me or are coming up with excuses. I'll try asking them again. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @retrophiliac 

just you open a ticket with PM and have them to update the card info for you instead?

Need Help? Let's chat.