cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port

Ankush99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why I haven’t received any sms on my old sim card regarding the port request? 

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ankush99 

If you are porting to PM, leave the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text with a 90 minute window. You will need to contact the carrier to restart the porting process if you miss the window.

If you are porting out of PM, leave the PM SIM in the phone and wait for the text. You will need to contact a CS_Agent if you missed the 90 minute window.

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've done this recently. To port number, make sure both plans are active and you need to keep the old sim card in your phone, in which you should receive a text message regarding a port out request. You need to reply "Yes" to that message within a certain timeframe.

In case you haven't received anything, you can call the old carrier support number and ask them to approve your port out request. (I've actually done it this way, because I messed something up by putting the new sim card in and it messed up both sim cards)

Let me know what issues you're facing moving forward! Otherwise, if you follow the steps above, you should be fine!

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ankush99 

you tried port out or in.

Edit: if you port out you have your account in here be active to you can getting SMS.

if port in and not getting SMS for old company your account have be active as well,

or tried rebooting device in old SIM card on it.

Need Help? Let's chat.