cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People replying to me with imessageit goes to someone elses iphone.

Tralauna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went in to change my number and now i cant call or text at all.  Is there a delay for this?

When I set up my phone i thought, wow this was easy, however anytime one of my contacts replied to me (im in NB) using imessage it would go to someone with a different number in Ont.

They were getting spammed by my contacts and I wasnt receiving them but androids would text me fine.

So i went in to pick a different number, and now its been over an hour and I cant call / text / receive texts .. is there a delay on this?

Also I was just going to port my rogers number in, but it says service not available.  So I made an account with the chat bot thing filled out the form then it says authorize with your account, which I just signed into yet it states the authorization failed in the chat box window.

If it wasnt for the person receiving my imessages all would have been fine, but hte past 5 hours have been a nightmare now and my phone is dead on public.

6 REPLIES 6

@Tralauna you need to contact customer support, cause I think changing your number messed your account up. you can only change your number once every 30 days

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tralauna wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I have an android .. people replied as soon as I switched to public and they went to someone else, so that person needed to update it?

Anyways i picked a new number almost 2 hours ago from the drop down in my public mobile account .. now I cant make calls (as soon as I do it says call ended) or receive texts / calls / anything 😞

1.  Is "Public Mobile" showing on the top notification bar?

2.  Login to your account,  Is your account status active?

3.  Do you restart your phone after number change? If no, restart your phone.

4.  Your account may have provision issue.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

Hi @Tralauna 

You can try reprovisioning your account by reporting your phone lost wait for couple of minutes then report it found, then restart your phone

Tralauna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply.

I have an android .. people replied as soon as I switched to public and they went to someone else, so that person needed to update it?

Anyways i picked a new number almost 2 hours ago from the drop down in my public mobile account .. now I cant make calls (as soon as I do it says call ended) or receive texts / calls / anything 😞

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Tralauna...

here's some info on how to contact a moderator for their help...let us know if it helps...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Also, be aware that you can change your phone number only once every 30 days. Sounds like you need to get a moderator for your concern. Good luck.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Tralauna wrote:

I just went in to change my number and now i cant call or text at all.  Is there a delay for this?

When I set up my phone i thought, wow this was easy, however anytime one of my contacts replied to me (im in NB) using imessage it would go to someone with a different number in Ont.

They were getting spammed by my contacts and I wasnt receiving them but androids would text me fine.

So i went in to pick a different number, and now its been over an hour and I cant call / text / receive texts .. is there a delay on this?

Also I was just going to port my rogers number in, but it says service not available.  So I made an account with the chat bot thing filled out the form then it says authorize with your account, which I just signed into yet it states the authorization failed in the chat box window.

If it wasnt for the person receiving my imessages all would have been fine, but hte past 5 hours have been a nightmare now and my phone is dead on public.

@Tralauna hi  after you change your number you also need to change your number in your apple id for imessage to work properly

Need Help? Let's chat.