cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

CamDor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had this number for years. The payment was automatically from the debit account on 2 names. All well until today when I got the message my account is "on hold " because the payment failed. There is plenty of money on the account. I logged in to the mobile account and I don't recognize the account number that the payment tried to be made.

Any idea what happened?

10 REPLIES 10

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you made a chargeback with the bank? from what I read, your line might stop working soon

CamDor

I called the bank: "hubby " canceled the payment on my name without a word to me.

Thank you very much to all of you!

P.s. how do I charge the bank without charging the abonament?

@CamDor  try this link and see if it works.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card

This option is to change the aacount number for next renewal.  If the account is on hold and you don't have service,  a manual payment will be required now in order for phone to start working again.

This can be accomplished by call 1855 4public from another phone or by purchasing a public mobile voucher from places such as a gas station and loading to the account. 

slusagm

I don't think name matters with PM.  I think your best way to get this fixed is to open ticket wtih PM

CamDor

I changed the unknown account with a visa credit account from the same account (under the 2 names) and it worked!

Now, because I suspect the 2nd name on the bank account had something to do with all of this... I want to change the bank account, but I can't find how?

CamDor

I tried to call the bank for an explanation. No, I can't make phone calls. 

I can't change the payment method either.  I tried it because I don't recognize the end numbers of the account showed on the paying screen. 

slusagm

i have been using debit cards for years!!!

@Meow wrote:

As I know, PM does not use debit cards for payments. Only credit cards and vouchers.

HI @Meow 

No,  what you know was not right, PM take Visa Debit and Mastercard debit.  And OP has been using it for 2 years and just stopped working this time

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As I know, PM does not use debit cards for payments. Only credit cards and vouchers.
Only 'debit' cards accepted are Visa and MasterCard.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@CamDor 

Are you able to make and receive calls,  sms?

Did the account that the payments were always made from get changed for any reason? Have you ask the other person if they might know? 

Probably contact the bank to see if any changes were made on their end.

For personal information regarding your account,  you can use the orange chatbot bubble to create a ticket to contact public mobile for more information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.