cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Phuong55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a simple phone plan for many years $6 plus tax because I hardly using my phone just for emergency.

Why I have to pay double $13 pus tax in last 2 months?
I would like to talk to customers service please

6 REPLIES 6

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EB0 

I agree. After 2 years the OP can shop around for better options or even before their first year is up before they ante up another $100.

EB0

@Meow 

@Phuong55  has $13 plan for years, $13 plan has 50 minutes and 50 messages, he used to pay $6, now he is paying $13, so Telus $100 yearly plan is good alternative for him.

he will enjoy unlimited calls and texts for two years.

@EB0 wrote:

@Phuong55 

after the two years you’ll get 400 minutes and 400 messages per year, it cost around $8.34 per month for 33 minutes and 33 messages

Good luck with that plan if this is your only phone.

I would NEVER recommend such plan. Just calling government agency or bank you might be on hold for long time and then you will be cut off from calling anybody else as you would use your amazing 33 minutes/month.

EB0

@Phuong55 

Due to the migration to the point system, most of the loyal customers have seen an increase up to $7 per month, with the point system, you may got enough points to redeem for one month free per year.

Telus has a cheaper plan for unlimited calls and text for $100 per year as promotion for two years, after the two years you’ll get 400 minutes and 400 messages per year, it cost around $8.34 per month for 33 minutes and 33 messages

IMG_4251.jpeg

RavingRaven

@Phuong55 

Unfortunately Public Mobile retired its old Rewards program that offered monthly discounts to your rate plan. Everyone was migrated to the less rewarding Public Points program.

Now you must pay full price and collect points to redeem for discounted add ons or $15 bill credits. Instead of the $2 autopay reward you now recieve 5% back in points ($13=0.65 points=$0.65) and your loyalty reward of $5/30 days has been drastically reduced to 10 points/year=$10/year awarded on the yearly anniversary of your activation. You also recieve 5 welcome points=$5.

Community and referral rewards are earned at the same rate as before but in points (Each referral earns 1 point=$1/30 days and you can earn up to 15 points/month=$15 in community rewards-20 points is for oracles only).

Keep an eye out for text offers from 5213 that may offer you one of the new activation plans as an upgrade. Otherwise after redeeming any points you may have earned for a bill credit it may be time to look at other providers options as Public Mobile has abandoned any loyalty to its existing customers on lower priced plans in favour of offering larger data plans priced $29+.

You may want to look into Telus's $100/year unlimited calling and texts plan (for the first 2 years) as a more affordable option.

More info on the retirement of the old rewards program click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Because most likely you had monthly credit for referrals, autopay and loyalty.

There is NO MORE such credit as PM switched to Points so now you get only points for referrals, 10 points at anniversary, 5% off your bill and maybe some community participation points.

Then you have to convert points to dollars when you collect at least 15+ points and apply to your bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.