cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

maryheavyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do you not just automatically take my monthly payment out of my registered bank account, instead of putting my account on freeze.

3 REPLIES 3

dwh1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Meow wrote:

The only autopay is possible if you register your credit card with PM.
PM does not do debit from chequing/saving accounts.

I'd be careful with terminology here. PM apparently does support debit cards - most likely the ones with "VISA" logos on them (or if there's a Mastercard equivalent, that) - for payments.

They do not support direct withdrawals (ACH for those who know the term) from bank accounts, and I've had enough exposure to banking systems at work that I would say we would not want PM to do that.  Clearing up payment problems that come directly out of bank accounts is much harder than dealing with credit/debit cards. I would never consider giving PM permission to pull from my accounts.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

The only autopay is possible if you register your credit card with PM.
PM does not do debit from chequing/saving accounts.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@maryheavyn wrote:

Why do you not just automatically take my monthly payment out of my registered bank account, instead of putting my account on freeze.

@maryheavyn Public Mobile does not directly debit any bank accounts for payments. It is up to you to ensure the necessary funds are available every 30 days. Add a credit card for auto subscription. I believe a Visa debit works as well to take it from your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.