cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment for someone else

michaelwendt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I pay for someone else's phone and have her name (not mine) show up when she calls someone?

6 REPLIES 6

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

For  how to pay for someone else phone:

•  if you don't mind you can put your cc info on the person's PM My Account profile.  When the person log back on after, they won't see all the information other than the last 4 digits
  •  you can use voucher
  •  you can have Instant Top-up at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations.  All they need is the phone number.  (small charge applied)

For the name display, PM does not pass the name of the phone number but just the number itself.  The name showing up on the receiving end  would be tied to the phone contact setup on the person

Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchasing Vouchers

We also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at select locations. To find the location nearest you click here. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

for more info click HERE .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michaelwendt : You can buy vouchers and use the 18554public service to redeem them. Or if you know the 4 digit PIN of the account and there's a pre-registered payment card on file then you can do that too.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@michaelwendt 

Public mobile does not have name display. Just the phone number is shown when calling out.  

You can pay in various ways.  Put your credit card in the self service account for autopay.  Purchase payment vouchers for the person to use.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=paying-for-your-service

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@michaelwendt wrote:

How can I pay for someone else's phone and have her name (not mine) show up when she calls someone?

@michaelwendt    You can purchase vouchers for your friend and give them the PIN code to enter via the 611 service to make a payment on their account.  

PM never shows the name on outgoing calls only the number.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@michaelwendt wrote:

How can I pay for someone else's phone

Ask @darlicious

and have her name (not mine) show up when she calls someone?

Names on Caller ID are based on contents of Contact List on phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.