cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Shinanigans

bb6640
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I woke up today with no Internet access on my phone. Since the month is almost done I thought maybe I needed to renew my account for February.

Using a voucher I added funds to my account to cover for next 30 day cycle.

However even after adding funds I still wasn't getting data access. I checked my account,  and it looked as if I maxed my data for January. I added a data top up. Everything is working right now , however I just received a text message saying my renewal payment wasn't accepted. I have gone to my account and checked my payment history, and it shows that the funds I added today for the renewal were accepted... so... I'm not sure what's up...

Also , I would assume the funds I added today would show in my account as "available funds" until the renewal date of February 1st. So why were the funds immediately used for the renewal a day in advance?

13 REPLIES 13

@bb6640   happy that it is all sorted out

Again, if you do NOT need the 1GB data add-on as you got the renewal mixed up, try to open ticket with PM support and they could reverse the transaction and put the fund back as Available Fund

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

bb6640

Ok yes, I hadn't noticed that was for March.  Thank you .

@bb6640 Also, for some reason, you have bought a 1GB add-on after the plan was renewal.  You should see that add-on on our Overview page if you logon to My Account using Incognito mode

You likely got that by mistakes.  If that is the case, open ticket with PM Support and try to ask for a reverse of the transaction, they will put the $15 back as Available fund

@bb6640  PM is on a 30 days cycle , not monthly

You earlier payment was Dec 31, so with a 30 days cycle, your renewal date on Jan is Jan 30, today

You just paid for the renewal today Jan 30, so, your amount owing you see is for  March 1, that is for your NEXT payment date

bb6640

Screenshot_20230130-145905.png

Screenshot_20230130-150556.png

 this is the contradiction that I am curious about.  In payment history the vouchers/payments were accepted as a renewal payment.  However in my account fund status it shows I will be owing $40 on the 1st.  Shouldn't it say that I have $40 already banked for the 1st?

@bb6640  Any available funds in your account will be used towards your next renewal 

bb6640

Right now Active and it renews on the 1st.  What I am worried about is that  Public Mobile will not recognize that I have added funds already and that they were accepted - because I received a text from Public Mobile saying that the payment didn't go through...  

bb6640

It is due to be renewed on the 1st of February.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bb6640  - just adding funds to your account does not resume/reactivate your plan if it is past your renewal date. You may need to select the Resume/Reactivate button to get Active, unless your plan is being renewed today, then as long as you have services working, your online account should be fully updated later today to show Active.

NOTE, plans are 30 days here not monthly. edit sorry, you know that already as you mentioned it. 😛

So what date in your My Account is your plan due to renew? 

What does your account status say now: Active or Suspended?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bb6640 first, make sure you login to My Account using Incognito mode and confirm how much data you ahve

also, make sure you phone does not have data limit enabled.  Many Android phone has this setting, you have to either disable it or make sure the start date on the phone matches the start date of your current cycle

E-MobileData.png

Last but not lease, reboot your phone once

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What exactly was your renewal date?

Maybe you forced renewal adding funds and maybe pressing some buttons accidentally?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bb6640  Can you sign into self serve ? Try incognito private mode there are cache issues and reactivate 

Try  again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in.    This is always good to do to for up to date account Info 

Handy1_0-1675103277973.png

For most up to date account info

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bb6640  Try rebooting the phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.