cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying before Autopay

jgurholt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am just wondering if I end up putting a payment on my account before my auto renewal (I like to keep ahead of the curve), Will I lose my auto pay benefits that I get monthly?

5 REPLIES 5

@ShawnC13 actually it deducts rewards first (so his autopay credit + any others) THEN his available funds. If any balance is left, the remainder is charged to his autopay credit card

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@jgurholt no you will not

This can often happen

We had someone a few weeks ago saying they prefer to pay the $40 each month instead of $120 in one shot

Paying random amounts before autopay date will not invalidate autopay reward

In my scenario, I have a spare Public SIM that I lend to people

I charge them in advance 6 months of service, do 1 large lump sum payment on account, and then just sit back

Autopay reward still are applied

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @jgurholt;

No, that won't effect your autopay reward. As long as you have your cc link and autopay on at time of renewal, you will get your reward. The system will take the available funds from your account first before applying autopay top up. (You will get the reward even if the autopay top up needed is $0).

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I don't think so.  If you make a payment it will just go to your available funds and when it is time for your autopay date it takes money from available funds first and then the rest from your preferred payment method

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

exsoldier84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

why would you put in a payment if you are set up with Auto pay? 

anyway, my guess is that you won't lose your auto pay benefits because if you log into your account, you should see the benefit from auto pay that you will be getting on your next renewal.  That amount of "funds" that you see calculated for your next payment accounts for your autopay benefits, so you won't lose that.  Even if you pay earlier than your renewal date (before your autopay kicks in), you will see your "funds" increase by the amount that you pre-paid. 

I would assume that Public Mobile's payment system will be smart enough to know that if you prepay before autopay kicks in, it won't double charge you.

Need Help? Let's chat.