cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent Can't Log Into Their Account

TammRiv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Mother changed her phone number back in the middle of October, and when she went to the US a notification popped up to ask her if she would like to buy the add-on for US data for 15$. She has a Canada-US plan however that should've covered it. She was unable to use any US services at all even with roaming turned on and all setting made appropriate on her phone.

When she arrived home she attempted to log into her account but the 2-factor authentication stopped her because it's STILL SENDING TO THE OLD NUMBER, which she obviously has no access to anymore. 

How does she log in, and I'm wondering if her plan got switched over to the new number as well or if something else failed on Public Mobile's side of things.

3 REPLIES 3

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@TammRiv 

Good thing you downloaded the reciept. What date did (or was?) the $50/40gb "5G" Canada/US plan subscription start? That plan offering expired on October 31st at 11:59:59pm eastern but if a scheduled change plan on next renewal to that plan is to occur after that date pm will still honour the plan.

There have been many new and strange plan/subscriptions popping up lately and perhaps this is another one?

If your mother wants pm to still honour the $50/40gb Canada/US Roaming plan that was paid and subscribed to then send a detailed message describing the issue and include the reciept as proof and ask the CSA to add the correct plan to the account. I personally would also ask for a credit prorated for the days in the US without working services.

If you are unhappy with their response (CSA's are usually very accommodating) you can always ask for your support request to be escalated. To contact customer support...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Don't forget to update your mother's phone # on the eversafe ID profile page.

TammRiv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for such a fast reply! 

We've been able to log in but now when I look at her subscription it just says this:

Issue.PNG

However when I went and checked the receipt it says she should have the Canada-US calling/texting. Is this an error?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @TammRiv 

it is normal to get those text even you have Canada-US plan.  

For using the roaming in US, she needs to make sure the data roaming is enabled on the phone and try to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T

To your login problem, can you click "didn't receive the code?" and check if Send email is an option?

if the option is not there or she still unable to login,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.