cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for top up codes. Service still not renewed.

dangerkat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have paid for two top up codes. Recieved a text saying my payment was added to my account. I tried making a phone call and I still have no service. I have already sent a message to the moderators. I have yet to hear back. Any suggestions?

I am new to Public Mobile. I paid in store for my plan when I signed up. This is the first time I have paid for my service using a top up code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Kathleen

8 REPLIES 8

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are right. I totally forgot it's a prepaid system. The $1 is not revenue for them. Good to know. Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@powerg21 wrote:

It sounds a computer glitch that they have not be able to fix. Paying a small amount of money to kickstart the account is providing PM a good revenue stream for no actual service.  

It just goes into your account that can be used on your next renewal. Unless you think the paltry interest they would make on your dollar is revenue. 🙂

powerg21

It sounds a computer glitch that they have not be able to fix. Paying a small amount of money to kickstart the account is providing PM a good revenue stream for no actual service.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@powerg21 wrote:

Why would that solution work?  I am curious. 

It seems to do something like a service reset. It's an old workaround from 3 or 4 years ago.

There's another quirk where adding just a small nominal amount to the account kick starts things too.

Whatever works so as not to have to wait for a moderator response.

irisxiaolu

That's interesting. Noted down just in case I will need to use it.

powerg21

Why would that solution work?  I am curious. 

dangerkat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

IT WORKED 😄

Thank you so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dangerkat 

As with the other thread you posted in:

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.