cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for Add-On, did not receive service

dskrenes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid for US roaming several times ($60) and did not actually get the service on two occasions. I was driving from one State to the other on a very tight work/school schedule, and ended up having an extremely, extremely stressful trip because I did not have GPS, because Public Mobile did not give me US Data roaming when I paid for it. I have paid for this service several other times, and have received it, so I DO know what service I paid for and what I am getting. I also know that these two occasions, I was actually billed for, and the money did come out of my credit card. But I did not get service. So I had to pay for it twice! 

7 REPLIES 7

Delus19-
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid I don't have internet 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@dskrenes wrote:

I paid for US roaming several times ($60) and did not actually get the service on two occasions. I was driving from one State to the other on a very tight work/school schedule, and ended up having an extremely, extremely stressful trip because I did not have GPS, because Public Mobile did not give me US Data roaming when I paid for it. I have paid for this service several other times, and have received it, so I DO know what service I paid for and what I am getting. I also know that these two occasions, I was actually billed for, and the money did come out of my credit card. But I did not get service. So I had to pay for it twice! 

@dskrenes 

You'll need to document those two occasions when the add-ons didn't work and contact CS for assistance:

Spoiler

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dskrenes wrote:

I have paid for this service several other times, and have received it, so I DO know what service I paid for and what I am getting.

do you recall which US provider you tried to used?  T-Mobile or AT&T?  It is known that one could work better than the other in different states.. so, try them both

I am not sure how far back was the 2 purchased you bought and did not use..  If they are recent and your transaction history confirmed you actually bought it.. and you really never used it.  Try to contact PM CS Agent and see if they can refund you back the money

Also, sound like you go to US a lot.  You should consider getting some local prepaid data service.  It is cheaper, easier to use and you got more data for longer period of time.  I would certainly go for those then roaming

To open ticket with PM agent:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

US roaming add-ons expire 10 days after purchase.  If you are buying the same add-on you would need to wait for it to expire or contact a CSA.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dskrenes wrote:

Buying any add-on is a 2 steps process:

1. Load fund

2. Actual buying the add-on

Any chance you have just load the fund (hence the money was taken out from the credit card)  but you didn't do step 2 in the actual buying of the add-on?

If that is the case, no worry.  PM took the money but since you didn't buy the add-on , the money would have sit in your account as Available Fund and would have used in the renewal when next cycle comes

Check the Transaction history :

Public Mobile - Transaction History

Check on the date start from  around the time on yours and later.  you might see lines saying PM got your money and then other lines show PM used the money for your cycle renewal

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dskrenes wrote:

@dskrenes  if the money is showing in your Available Funds area, than you are not out the $'s.

But buying an addon has 2 STEPS:

1-ensure you have funds loaded in your Available Funds area (check, you did this part)

2-GO BACK to ADD(purchase) the addon to your account (it should then show up in your Overview area). This manual step is sometimes overlooked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dskrenes 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Need Help? Let's chat.