Did you mean: 

PUK number for my SIM Card

quilter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get a PUK code tor my new SIM Card

4 REPLIES 4

@softech wrote:

@quilter   

There are different "SIM PUK " errors , please confirm the error message and act accordingly:

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed",

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN"

You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code. (PM would not be able to help with this) 

Please rememer that SIM network unlock PUK/SIM unlock PIN isn't specific to Samsung.  Any phone that requires an code for unlock can require those. I agree that Samsung can help if the device was made by Samsung, but it's primarily the carrrier that the phoen that is locked to that needs to be contacted.

From the next message, we see that the device is an iPhone. iPhone devices do not have carrier unlocking codes, so this must be the actualy SIM's PUK.  

@quilter 

Please folllow the above instructions provided earlier to open a ticket using the Public Mobile chatbot.

quilter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

we purchased a Public Sim card from Telus in Chilliwack but the SIM will not unlock 

"Unlock your SIM"   "SIM Card PUK Locked" IPhone 13

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@quilter   

There are different "SIM PUK " errors , please confirm the error message and act accordingly:

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed",

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN"

You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code. (PM would not be able to help with this) 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @quilter  What was the exact error message?  there are many different SIM PUK

is it really PUK for sim card?  This is only needed if you have a PIN setup on the PIN card and you failed to entered it

if you really need PUK for sim card, open ticket with PM cs agent:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

If it is the carrier unlock code, you will have to check with where you got the phone from, PM cannot help

Need Help? Let's chat.