cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpayment made

Randymabby22-
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made two payments on the website due it freezing and overpaid can I get a refund? On the second?

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I agree with the advice to just leave it as a credit to pay next months bill. So much less hassle. 

Since @rainymood2015 didn't include it in their reply, here is the answer from the chatbot:

If you have an available balance as a result of an overpayment, it could be refunded back to the payment card.

You will need to contact a Customer Support Agent. They’ll be happy to look into this further!

Nezgar_0-1682733732227.pngNOTE: Payments made using a Voucher or Instant Top-up are non-refundable.

So, depending how much we are talking about, I'd still suggest just letting the overpayment sit until it's used by future billing cycles...

rainymood2015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can look for the answer with using chatbox

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Randymabby22- wrote:

I made two payments on the website due it freezing and overpaid can I get a refund? On the second?

The extra funds will remain in your Public Mobile Prepaid account balance, and will go towards the following plan renewals. I'd just let it sit and it will eventually be used up.

Otherwise it's a huge hassle to go through the CS Agents to get a refund...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Randymabby22- 

Check to see if the 'extra' payment is resting in your Available Funds on self-serve.

If so, best to leave it there to use for future renewals / services.

If you'd like it refunded, ask a CSA.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.