cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

JustiNation00
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its seems like I should be charged $94.92 but I was charged $100.57. Can this be explained please. Is this an error. Did my plan go up in price?

7 REPLIES 7

@JustiNation00 wrote:

JustiNation00_1-1701289596244.png

You are on a 90 day plan with $ rewards. The payment prediction page (as shown in your other post) is NOT accurate for $ rewards on 90day plans (and some situations on 30day plans) - main reason is that the $ rewards are added to available funds but not taken off the rewards prediction.

From what I see your payment looks correct to me - here is how it works nowadays:

The new system is programmed that all $ rewards for RAF and loyalty are applied at the end of the cycle and/or every 30 days. Autopay rewards are added to available funds in the afternoon before renewal night (night 30 or 90)

Afternoon of day 30: Loyalty: $5.00 are added to available funds.

Afternoon of day 60: Loyalty: $5.00 are added to available funds.

Afternoon of day 90: Loyalty: $5.00  and $6 (3 x $2) for autopay are added to available funds.

Unless you have used some available funds to buy add-ons during your cycle, on renewal night your available funds are $21 from rewards (plus any funds you've manually loaded, of course). The system is taking  (plan cost - available funds) + tax from your credit card. 

Should you have decided to switch to a 30day plan, say the $25 plan, the system would apply your $21 available funds and fetch the balance of $4 from your card on file.

This screen shot shows how the rewards are adding up over the 90 day cycle.

Screenshot 2023-09-07 11.21.49.png

BTW: $105/3GB/90days (= $35/1GB/30days) is rather uncompetitive these days. I'd consider switching to an in-market plan. If you use consistently less than 1GB per 30days, switch down to the $25 plan. Schedule a "change at renewal" to (so that you don't forfeit any funds or data of your current plan).

If you are holding onto this plan because of the flexibility to use the 3GB over different phases of the 90days... You just missed some considerably higher data buckets for less money this Black Friday.

There is a reasonable chance that some of them are coming back for Boxing Day. So come back here often over the next few weeks to find good offers that you can schedule a "change at renewal" to (so that you don't forfeit any funds or data of your current plan).

No worries, you will keep your $ rewards (just never ever opt into the new reward points program!)

Edited to correct numbers

JustiNation00

JustiNation00_1-1701289596244.png

JustiNation00

was actually charged $100.57 but says $105 in PM site

JustiNation00

JustiNation00_0-1701289192345.png

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would suggest contacting a CS Agent via a private message, but be aware response times are very slow nowadays.  In the meantime i would check over your payment history and see if there were any add ons/extra charges shown there. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@JustiNation00   Plans don't normally go up in price, what plan do you have?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JustiNation00 

Post your payment history here w/o personal information and let us have a look.

Need Help? Let's chat.