cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for plan upgrade

heathermichel29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I upgraded my plan today.  My old plan renewed yesterday and I switched to a higher data plan today.  Instead of charging me the difference I was charged the entire cost of the new plan.  I tried to submit a ticket but that system won't let me login.  Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@heathermichel29 

Unidirectionally that's how it's supposed to happen.

You have an option of asking moderator to move you back to your old plan and refund the money.

You can send them private message to Moderator_Team

As this is a prepaid service there is no guaranties they will do it, but you may be lucky.

Then choose upgrade at the renewal.

I hope it works out

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@heathermichel29 , if you do an immediate plan change, the remaining cycle on the existing plan is forfeited.  There are no refunds or credits that apply against the plan change.  This is how immediate plan change works.  Customers are typically advised to do plan change in the next renewal.  As already suggested, your could try to seek a refund, no guarantees of success.  Good luck.

@heathermichel29 

As mentioned above, Public mobile is prepaid and does not pro-rate plans.  If you change plans immediately, you will lose whatever is remaining in your original plan.  It is usually recommended to change plans at your next renewal (instead of immediate).

Hopefully, moderator can help you as a goodwill gesture.  It will take a few hours for moderator to respond usually after you submit ticket or send private message.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@heathermichel29 

this website has instructions/warnings all over the. please read before clicking things and you'll have a better experience

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is recommended to make plan change on your next renewal date.

PM is prepaid so no guarantee of a refund.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.