cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls to 306-580-4001

Micco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My usage history shows numerous outgoing calls to 306-580-4001 during a time period when I had my cell phone on airplane mode as I was out of the country. 

I have read in the community that this shows when you do not answer a phone call and calls are forwarded to voice mail. 

During this time period my phone did not display missed calls or voice mail were not displayed. 

I do not understand the point of these entries. 

Why not just show a "missed call " from the true originating number?  

5 REPLIES 5

@Korth wrote:

If you're on a Limited minutes plan then retreive your voicemails by calling your own phone number (and entering yoir PIN) from another phone line.

If you are traveling within Canada and are in a city that is long distance to your own number, here is an updated list of local voicemail access numbers across canada you can call with another phone: (Including 306-580-4001 in Regina already referenced in the Subject)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Your phone can't receive Caller ID data from the network when it's offline. And CIDs for "missed calls" aren't stored for pending notification (like network SMSC storing undelivered SMS messsges and MMS attachs). Canadian consumers can't even subscribe to third-party services (like TrapCall) because the CRTC imposes protected "privacy" controls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID

Voicemail automatically stores incoming numbers (unless they're unknown, blocked, private, etc) along with time/date and other message envelope information. You can get the computer babble to methodically play it out, there's a setting somewhere in the user menus.

And the callers can always record a message to identify themselves and their contact information. If they don't bother then it's probably unimportant. If it is important then they will call back.

If you're on a Limited minutes plan then retreive your voicemails by calling your own phone number (and entering yoir PIN) from another phone line.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Micco 

That was your voicemail number.

It does not use your plan minutes while your caller leave a message to your voicemail box.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Micco  That entry shows callers being redirected to your voicemail.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's the voice number.  When calls are forwarded the system" calls" that number to reach your voicemail box.

Need Help? Let's chat.